Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Was wondering who has best price on Cleco pliers and clamps?????
Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Aircraft Tool took good care of me.

5.25 for pliers, 8 and change for 25 clecos

www.aircraft-tool.com

·
Junior Charter Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks StepenP,
Sounds like a great deal! I'll check it out.
Thanks, Jim

·
Junior Charter Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
modtour4,
Thanks. I borrowed some from my friend Jeff Hamilton when I built FFR3923 last year! They are great. I wouldn't think of putting a FFR together without them!
Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Originally posted by modtour4:
Got mine from Aircraft Tool also. Great to do business with.

Get a few #30 drill bits also, they are a touch bigger than 1/8 and makes thing go together easier.

BTW, get more than 25, you'll use em.

Russ
I see guys mention getting 40 - 50 or more clecos all the time to build the FFR and I can't, for the life of me, understand what the heck you use all these clecos for. I don't recall ever using more than 10 on any piece, and that was only for a couple of the big ones. What the heck are you going to do with 50 clecos?

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
I read the posts about 50 etc. I bougth three bags full, two are still unopended. I used more than 10 once or twice, when fitting panels on both sides at the same time.

·
5,573 Posts
Its for us types that like to assemble a bunch of stuff but not make the final commitment I guess. I had them all over the place at certain stages. I have to also confess....on polished aluminum they kinda look cool too.

aircraft spruce also has them...also recommend the #30 bits from them with the spring stop that stops you from punching into the inside of the tube when you go through and toasting your bit. I did entire car with 2 of the spruce bits.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.