Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any issues running 17X10.5 27mm offset wheels on 4 link 8.8. I just finished rebuilding my rear end and mocked up a wheel. Edge of wheel looks awful close to where the shock will mount. I want to run coilovers. I've read that there may be issues with the quad shock.

[ November 06, 2005, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: vortechsq ]

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
No quad shocks with 315s on 10.5s. There is just no room. FX track with discs or drums and the 10.5s are fine. The clearance to the lower mount is close but since the wheel never moves in relation to that bracket it will be fine. HTH, Cheers Richard.

·
Senior Charter Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Richard. Looks close with just the wheel and no tire, and I wasn't sure of the angle that the shock will mount to the body. I have a stock shock to check the clearance, but will be running coil overs.

[ November 06, 2005, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: vortechsq ]

·
Senior Charter Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Richard, or anyone else have pictures of this setup from the back of the rear end showing the wheel mounted and coil over suspension in place?

·
Cobra Nutcase
1,633 Posts
I'm running 8.8 4link with 17x10.5's in my mkII. I'm using coilovers, but the quads won't fit. Other than the quad shocks there are no issues.

My tires are 275/40's. 315s will rub a little under hard cornering.

With no quads I do get wheel hop, so my next step to correct this will be 3-link.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,449 Posts
I have 315's on 10.5's and 3 link with coilovers. The coilovers fit fine, but I had to trim the corner off of the 3 link bracket because it was less than 1/8" from the wheel. I trimmed it at a 45 degree angle and then painted it with POR 15 to keep it from rusting. Other than that no clearance problems with the coilovers. My quad shox bit the dust long ago. HTH

Mike

·
Senior Charter Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
5.8 cobra. Which coilovers are you using?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,449 Posts
I have a set of the old school Pro-shocks that FFR used to supply. The springs are 1-7/8" in diameter if this helps.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts