Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody found clear brake fluid resistent line to run between the remote resevoir and master cylinder? Sure would make bleeding that part of the system easy if the tubing was clear as you could see any trapped air between the remote resevoir and the master cylinder. The tubing would not have to be high pressure, only brake fluid resistent.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If the reservoirs are above the master, it couldn't get a bubble unless there was a loop in the line. If you did somehow get a bubble, it would just float back up into the reservoir and pop. It might look cool but I don't know how functional it would be.

·
New
1,143 Posts
Well the tubing they use on the bleeder bottles would work, but like bmc is saying, that is usually not the area where you have an issue. With that being the non pressure side, there can be bubbles and it won't affect the brake system as long as they don't make it to the mc. In fact, on motorcycles I have used tubing like you are talking about in place of a reservoir. You just need enough volume to supply the piston travel. Back to the tubing though, any clear tubing like that will eventually be affected by the fluid but before that will probably get stiff from the heat. On the bike it was out in the open and visible and was for the rear brake which wouldn't have caused a problem if it went out as I never used it for real stopping power. I get what you are saying, but it wouldn't really solve a problem and would probably cause a big one. Best case scenario it makes a mess and worst case you won't be around to clean the mess. I like the cloth braided line for the supply side. It's much lighter than the stainless line and comes in a couple colors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.