Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Charter Member
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for my non-donor build i have a set of 11" mustang rotors for the front and the stock t-bird rotors for the irs rear. just happens that both sets are in good shape (thick and smooth). problem is they are rusty. i was thinking of painting the centers and having them resurfaced. is this a correct approach or should i just leave them alone? any suggestions would be welcome.
regards

[ April 02, 2004, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: wickershaw ]

·
Charter Member
1,776 Posts
I painted the centers and outer surface of the rotors with VHT Silver brake and Caliper paint. I can't say yet how they will hold up but they sure look purty.
J_B

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,672 Posts
I hit the edges and center with a brass brush wheel on my drill. One word of wisdom - use a compressor or rag to remove the dust afterward. Don't get the bright idea to just rinse it off with the hose like I did... :rolleyes: . Then I painted with VHT paint.

I would recommend the resurfacing be done first and then the paint. I painted mine first thinking that I didn't have to be as careful and the turning would remove any overspray. The problem was that the brake tech screwed up my paint job so I ended up having to repaint anyway.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,975 Posts
Believe it or not - Rust-o-leum High Heat on the centers. Lasts forever (well, at least 10k so far on 3070). Cut 'em first.

Frank n Sons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.