Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also posted a similiar question on Cobraforum. Has anyone had any experience with Streetbeasts Cobra kits(previously known as Classic Motor Carriage)? I've got a friend that's got the chance to pick up an early 90's Canadian built Classic Motor Carriage Cobra for $17000 but the gelcoat looks rough(cracks in fenders and doors). The drivetrain is stock 87 Mustang GT.Any input would be appreciated. Bill(FFR3355)I appreciate your response on Cobraforum. I just thought I'd try the veggie side of Cobraworld.
Thanks,Tim
:D

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,261 Posts
With a good donor you can build a pretty complete NEW FFR kit for 17K which will have the new style frame, etc.
Like David said, run from that deal.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the input. The guy who saw this car is the one who was interested in the car.He has no mechanical skills at all and was looking to buy cheap and complete. I've already called him and advised him to RUN FAST!
Thanks again,
Tim

·
Senior Charter Member
540 Posts
From what I have heard the car was not that bad but their service set records in just how bad a company could treat customers. If you got a complete car you were doing great.

I would just have a compentant mechanic look over the car before I gave up. Besides you could always offer less if bodywork is needed. Since the car is complete you know what you have and that is worth something.

one mans junk is anothers treasure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts