Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IS anybody out there using a heater hose kit like the one available from http://www.hotrodsusa.com/store/cooling.html?

If yes how is the quality and are you happy with it? I am going to with the same style radiator hoses so these should match them well.

Lukas

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi Lucas,
I stock them too... you'd never know though.
Mike Forte

·
Charter Member
2,649 Posts
Lukas,
I used them for my heater. They work and look great. I'd post a picture but the picture tool is down and my work firewall won't let me acess photo links. (big brother) I'll try and send you an email directly with photos.
Bob Mac
FFR3981

·
1,568 Posts
Lukas:

I used them for my heater as well as my radiator. works and looks great. I got the polished aluminum ends instead chrome. If I had to do it over, I would get the chrome ones.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys.

Mike,
You are right, I (and most of us) would never know! I did find losts of stuff I needed but never knew you had until I visited the store. YOu gotta get somebody to take pictures of all the stuff and then make a nice website out of it. I bet the additional revenue would make up for the cost very quickly.

Curtis,
Why do you say chrome instead of polished aluminum, is it for maintenance reason? I do have quite of bit of both on my engine... If thats the case I will be with chrome for the heater, but unfortunately the radiator hoses are only available in polished (at least from Hotrodusa who have by far the best price).

Bob,
Thanks again for the detailed pictures and description! I will post them here when I get home and can access my email so others can take an example of how it should be done!

Lukas

·
1,568 Posts
Lukas, simple answer...the chrome just looks better.

But you're right, I forgot that chrome was not available for the radiator and that's why I got polished aluminum for the heater hoses to match.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts