Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Speed-crazed and Confused
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone bought a crate engine from CHP (Coast High Performance) and how do you like it....

·
FFCobra Owner
865 Posts
I bought mine a number of months ago........CHP 427 Street Fighter injected Venom....550 hp 550 torque......mass flo.......and it is a great motor!!! Can't say enough...it is good performance, a great sound, and no issues.
Hope that helps.....
I heard they may have had issues in the past, bout 2 years ago, not for sure, but now they are pretty cool.
fred z :cool:

·
Speed-crazed and Confused
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Fred, Im looking at the 427 aspirated version....

They said they will build with a forged crank and the price is right...

Wanted to know if anyone actually had one and how well it works for them. They do have a 2yr/24k mile wartranty.

Im getting closer

·
FFCobra Owner
865 Posts
that warranty has no limitations, that i can s see....just ocmes with the motor.......and the crank is forged and really is nice.......congrats.
fred z

·
Charter Member
707 Posts
They have been around in the Ford world for a long time. Havent heard very many bad things about them. I have not had one of there drivetrains but have heard good things about them and the parts I have bought have come with good service.

·
Junior Charter Member
3,485 Posts
My dad has a CHP 427 in his Cobra, and a CHP 408 in his 56 pickup - both have been fine - no issues. They seem like good people to deal with too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts