Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rule #1: Don't talk about how much money you spent on your car in front of anybody else's wife.

Rule #2: Don't talk about how much money you spent on your car in front of anybody else's wife.

Rule #3: Don't talk about how much money you spent on your car in front of anybody else's wife.

Happy motoring, see ya'll Saturday...

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
Don't you guys use the "wife pricing" when talking? What's the wife pricing? Well, take the actual cost, divide in half, now add a few bucks to make it more realistic. Here's an example: My 3-link wife price is $300. Nice round number and doesn't sound too unrealistic.

By the way, I don't do this with my wife. She could care less what I spend on my car, so long as it makes me happy. :D

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,253 Posts
I told my wife the actual price of a few parts I got in the beginning, and she hasn't asked since. Either she's scared to ask, or she's not half bad and I should feel quite lucky.

Although, when she comes home from Bed bath and Beyond with five sacks full of new crap to clutter up the house, I don't dare say a word. :rolleyes:

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,257 Posts
Know your pricing up front....so when asked, you can just blurt it out. Should we all converge on $16,500?

:D

·
6,559 Posts
Don't forget to tell her that even though you've ONLY invested $16,500 in the project that you could turn around and sell it tommorow for $30,000! You go you financial wizard you.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,920 Posts
And the Halibrands were part of the kit!

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I still haven't figured out what to say about the wheels coming from Australia. I'll have to admit to more than my standard "few hundred bucks" answer.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Wish I could go but, I have to work this weekend. :(

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is "exchange rate" Australian for "free lunch"?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,076 Posts
I believe "exchange rate" is the number of times per week you have to sleep on the couch.

·
6,546 Posts
Ryan, AMEN brother!

Damn I laughed at that comment about the crap to clutter up the house.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts