Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,803 Posts
I installed one of these suspensions on a Fox almost 3 years ago. The shaw link rear work pretty good but is overly complicated. There are some real issues with the front suspension. It never really worked as good as it was supposed to. The company IPS went out of business over 18 months ago for reportedly not producing product. I have a K member in storage from a customer that ordered it and had it drop shipped to me. Unfortunately no other parts showed up so it is pretty useless.

·
Caress of Steel
2,180 Posts
I ruined a perfectly good '93 ex-cop Mustang coupe by installing a complete IPS system on it.

I think the only reason I actually got all the parts for my setup is the company was based out of my home town...he knew I could come home on leave from the military and knock on his door.

I know of enough folks who installed them and had to refabricate parts that broke under track use, or basically rework everything from the ground up, and by the time they were done, they could have had a full-boogie Griggs Racing or Maximum Motorsports setup. Mine bottomed out all the time. The angled shocks on the rear give you a horrid regressive wheel rate. It still plowed like any Mustang on the autocross, if not worse.

Run, don't walk, away from that auction.

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,803 Posts
Actually the 2 best suspensions you can put under a Mustang is bill mitchal SVD or bartworks.
We have the mitchal system in our AIX car and it is truly the best handling Mustang I have ever driven.

·
Caress of Steel
2,180 Posts
I wouldn't kick an SVD or Mitchell-equipped Mustang outta my garage, either!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts