Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Now that I have managed to close my mouth (and wipe the drool from my shirt)... that is really, really over the top (not considering the cars inside).... it's hard to imagine that the guy gave this all up (including contents) in the divorce.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
903 Posts
Unless maybe they were HER cars to begin with!?!?

I know a guy who built a 35' sailboat by hand. Started with a shell from a defunct boat company, and travelled the US picking up forms and leftover parts from previous suppliers. Designed by himself any missing fiberglass or finish parts, and put the whole thing together from the keel to the mast. His wife was disdainful of the time and effort he spent on it, and didn't help at all.

His sweat equity ended up being worth about $70,000. When they got divorced he had to fork over half the appraised value to avoid selling the boat. She got the house and cash, but he did get the boat in the end.

·
Husband/Father/Son
12,461 Posts
Simply amazing, I wonder what he kept (meaning what he did not want to give up) after the divorce :eek: ........

Bill S.

·
Tropically Twisted
1,727 Posts
Can we say "pre-nuptial agreement"?

If the cars were hers, great, if not.. like mrmustang said.. what did he keep?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am not sure but I hope it was worth it. :D

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
THAT'S HER! THAT'S MY FUTURE WIFE! QUICK, WHERE DOES SHE LIVE! ;)

·
OT Moderator
13,931 Posts
That is unreal how someone could own all those gorgeous cars for all those years, and not use them. That garage is like a time capsule.

It's amazing that that 427 68' was only 6k new.

For 6k now, you can't even buy a used Kia Rio.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
724 Posts
"....you need to get a girl, mate!! Or is that yee've found a girl, and are otherwise incapable of wooing said strumpet?? "

Too much money......and no one to share it with!!!

Al

[ July 06, 2005, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: Al Gibson ]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts