Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Been There, Broke That
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son Bill is a 3d year Mechanical Engineer major at Lehigh University. He is into cars big time and has been racing shifter karts for about 10 years. Through an old friend he was able to score a dream job for his summer internship, working as an assistant race engineer for a Formula BMW team.

The shop where the cars are prepped is amazing. I havent been there yet, but inside are several recent Formula 1 cars, an ex-Schumaker Benneton, ex-Herbert Lotus, Can-Am cars, LeMans winning prototype and dozens of vintage open wheel racers of every type.

Here's a couple of photos from the shop:

They are taking him to all the races around the country. Formula BMW is a support series for the major races, F1, Champ Cars (CART), Grand Am. Next week they go to Barber Motorsports Park in Alabama for a Rolex series race and then two weeks later to Colorado witht he Champ Cars. I'm ready to quit my job and start working there myself!

Take care.

Tom

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Tom... that's very cool. I'm sure Bill is having a great time. Must be nice to have so many cars that you have to stack them on shelves! Kind or like Home Depot... only MUCH better! :D

·
Charter Member
1,386 Posts
Is he going to be in San Jose next week for the Champ car race?

·
Moderator Ad Nauseum
18,585 Posts

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman FFR-4618
2,192 Posts
Good for him, there's nothing like working with something that you love doing.

So when do we go to the races :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts