Factory Five Racing Forum banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Hi Thomas, thanks for the interest. The past 2 and a half years have been very sad for my build. I was doing great until I sent the car to the engine builder. Hi name is Peter Del Pino here in South Florida. I gave him my car basically built for him just to take the engine out, build it for 1000 HP, do the wire harness on it (already installed on the car) and tune it. I gave him about $15K since December 2015 when I dropped off the car to him. He built the engine and installed it. He did a sump on my tank, powdercoated a few things, swapped out the short axles that I had for the longer ones (this was an issue a few years ago) and thats it. He never touched the car again. Never answered the phone nor text messages, never was there, always with a personal problem. I harassed him to give me my car back and sent it to my house after 2 weeks of beating up his phone on a daily basis. He sent it on a flatbed which I had to pay for. He kept many many many of my parts and my money. He never answered the phone again.

I started working on my car again about 6 weeks ago and found another shop to do the wire harness and start the car. This is all I have left to do to it for my first go kart ride. I have to re-pay to do this work which I paid Peter Del Pino to do already.

BEWARE OF PETER DEL PINO. He basically stole my money, my parts and about 2 years of my build. I won't give up. I wish I could download the app on my phone that works so I can upload pictures more easily.

Thanks for bringing up this post again Thomas. I was looking for it so I could post on it. I will save it on my favorites now.

LuisL

·
Junior Charter Member
2,688 Posts
Luis, so sorry to hear about your troubles. Glad you recovered her more or less in one piece. Building the engine to handle 1000 hp? What rwhp are you shooting for? Welcome back to the madness.

Thomas

PS: have you talked to Raul lately, he hasn't been on here in over a year?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
I over built it this time. My waste gates have a 7 psi spring on them. I'm shooting for 500 to the wheels to start with. If I want more them I'll get the 10 psi springs but the 80 lbs injectors are in place with the A1000 pump and the proper size fuel lines. I also have a fully built bottom end, twin disc clutch and TKO tranny. Everything is there for 1000HP. But I'll be happy with half that.

LuisL

PS... Raul has about 750 to the wheels and running strong. I spoke to him 2 weeks ago.

·
FFCobra Captain
11,674 Posts
That sucks. It seems like there are too many stories out there about bad shops stealing a guy's money and getting away with it.

Glad to hear you're back at it though.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #110 (Edited)
Not yet Thomas but I'm thinking that in about a month I will. I'll post pictures next week.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Thomas... What I'll do is get a 2 stage boost controller. One set at 7 psi and the other at 10 psi. I think that should get me about 600 to the wheels which is more than plenty. When I had the red car I had it set at 420 to the wheels and it was a great all around car. How much power do you have it set to now?

Luis

·
Junior Charter Member
2,688 Posts
Thomas... How much power do you have it set to now?

Luis
I like to be right at the edge of traction in 2nd which varies depending upon air temp and road conditions. I rarely drive it without adjusting it up or down a little to find the sweet spot, usually in the 560-610 rwhp range. If it's wide open roads I sometimes bump it a little higher for that brief 3rd gear pull.

Unfortunately, the weather has been so cold here lately it's not worth driving at all, not even 500 rwhp is hooking in any gear. Something about temps in the 30's and drag radials don't mix, lol. Cheers.

Thomas

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
I have a new picture to post but I want to do it from my phone. I recently changed my phone and lost the password to my log in. How do I change the password? I want to post a picture with an update. I'm getting closer to my first start. Maybe as close as next week. I need to change the password so I can post a video of it.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Getting closer. All turbo piping is ready. Now just connect the radiator and do the wiring. Maybe next week I will have an update.

Attachments

101 - 117 of 117 Posts