Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally! My kit is scheduled for delivery this weekend! :eek: I've spent my evenings this week building the body buck, so everything's ready to go! (Who says the body buck only takes a couple of hours or less to build?!?!?!) :rolleyes:

I just need to confirm with Collin at Stewart Transport the approximate time, but based on our conversation last week it will probably be either later Saturday afternoon or Sunday.

Anyone in the Charlotte area is welcome to come over and check out the new kit and enjoy some pizza and beer and talk shop! Perhaps after the kit is unloaded we can all make a trip over to Southend Brewery to sample some great local
beer since they're basically in my neighborhood.

I'm about 15 minutes north of Charlotte off I-77 in the Cornelius / Lake Norman area. Let me know if you're interested and I'll make sure there's enough beer & pizza to go around. If you already have an FFR, I'm sure it'll be a good day for a fall drive, so bring it over too!

Drew
FFR#3928
or

P.S. - Rodney, Steve, & Scott try to come over if you can this weekend!

[ November 06, 2002, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: DrewFFRCobra ]

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Cool. I am busy Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon, but I can come over Sunday morning/midday.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,132 Posts
Drew,
Boy, I wish I could come and help, but I'm out in California. It sure would be nice to get out there and help you out, then go fish Lake Norman, which I believe is the home lake to one of my heros: Hank Parker, (although a great fisherman, he is a chevy man, he could use a good conversion with a ride in the cobra :D )

Good Luck on the build, and yes, anyone who told you he built his body buck in a few hours is full of crap.

See Ya

Jeff E.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Drew,
Saturday looks better for me, than Sunday at this point. Let me know either by email or calling me at 704-394-0655. I know there are more FFR owners out there, lets hear from you.

Thanks,
Scott E.
new email is:
[email protected]

·
FFCobra Fanatic
906 Posts
Keep us posted on the delivery time.. I might be able to make it. If nothing else, just to gawk at the new kit..hehhe

·
The Traveler
3,106 Posts
Send me some directions and if I can get done with my "honey do" list I'll drive on over!

·
Senior Charter Member
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! Just spoke with Collin, and it looks like either late on Saturday evening or more likely an early Sunday morning delivery time. (I'm the first drop-off on the truck.)

The driver (Jim?) is going to call tomorrow and confirm with me, so I'll repost with the exact time when I know for sure.

I'll email directions, phone #, etc. to anyone who wants to come over. Either send me an email at [email protected] or I'll pull your email address if it's on your profile.

Thanks!
Drew
FFR#3928

·
Registered
399 Posts
Drew,

I might swing by. I am having surgery Friday and if the recovery goes well I will drive 2787 over there and help, if able.

Sean

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Drew,
It looks like you are on the same schedule they had me on a couple of weeks ago. He would have been there around 10:30 am except he ran into traffic on 77.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,244 Posts
Humm... Since I drove about 2,200 miles last weekend (to FFR and got #3917)... I might sit this one out. But wait, Charlotte is only 2 hours way!

What time do we eat?

Mike
FFR 2335 & 3917

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,997 Posts
Drew...If it's a reasonable time on Saturday I can make it. If late Saturday means sometime in the evening it'll be too late for me. Sorry, but Sunday is out too. I'll wait for your post on final delivery time and we'll go from there.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,274 Posts
Drew, e-mail me when you have a delivery time and I will try to help drink some of your beer, if available.

·
Senior Charter Member
3,613 Posts
Drew, I will be available on Sunday..any time.
When you have the time nailed down, E-mail some directions. If it is on Sunday, I'll drive up from Fort Mill.

·
Charter Member
682 Posts
I can possibly help. Email the time and location info as well as a contact #.

[email protected]

Do you need anything to get it into the garage i.e. floor jack, car skates etc? Skates do save your back cause it's light but not that light.

Scott

·
Senior Charter Member
724 Posts
Drew, let me know the time. Maybe we will have a few finished cars in attendance. Southe end would be nice. We could go or we could just get some of their "growlers to go". I have one that can be refilled.

Rodney

·
Senior Charter Member
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Really impressed with the responses from you guys! Particularly from those of you who are 1.5+ hours from the Charlotte area and are willing to drive over! Last count looks like potentially as many as 12 FFR owners getting together and as many as 5 completed FFRs! Probably won't have that many actually be able to make it, but it sounds great. We could almost have our own car show! In addition, we might have a few of my neighbors stopping by as well (no Cobras, but a Model A, '60s Corvette Roadster, and perhaps a Corvair convertible - we'll forgive the Chevy guys and maybe convert them over!).

As soon as I know the approximate time from Stewart Transport later today, I'll post it here on the forum. (My bet is that it will be an early Sunday dropoff time.) In the meantime, I've pulled everyone's email address from the profiles and will send an email out late this evening or Saturday morning with directions and a contact phone number.

As far as unloading equipment goes, I have 2 furniture dollies (I presume these are strong enough) and a floor jack to help wheel the kit into the garage. The jackstands and the body buck are setup and ready to go.

If the drop-off is early Sunday (say 9-10 a.m.) I'll have breakfast beverages and food available in lieu of the beer and pizza. (Last time I drank at 9 a.m. was at New Orleans Mardi Gras when in college!) But, I imagine that we can go up to Southend Brewery for an early round of beer around noon!

Thanks again guys!
Drew
FFR#3928
or

[ November 08, 2002, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: DrewFFRCobra ]

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,997 Posts
Drew...My previous post said if it was Sunday I couldn't make it. Here comes the confession! Sunday is usually the day I play golf
! However, I think I'd rather give the FFR some exercise so count me in even if it's Sunday.

Just get me a time and directions.

[ November 08, 2002, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: Rick Williams ]

·
Senior Charter Member
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well guys, don't change your weekend plans. The driver from Stewart Transport just called and it looks like he can't get here before Monday evening. :(

Apparently, he's maxed-out his # of driving hours this week (DOT monitored at all of the weigh stations?) and has no hours left for driving on Saturday. On top of that, I'm apparently the 2nd drop-off and not the first drop-off as I was originally told, which pushes the delivery back to the point that even a Sunday night delivery is impossible. It's really disappointing as I got bumped from delivery last weekend due to the SEMA show in Vegas.

Typically, I have to travel every week Mondays - Thursdays with work, but by some stroke of luck I don't have to travel this Monday.

If anyone is available on Monday evening, it would still be great if you can stop by for a while - still plenty of pizza and beer to go around! I'll try and push the time to 6:00 pm or 7:00 pm depending on what time is best for most people.

Let me know if anyone's still interested/available for Monday evening and I'll send the directions out via email.

Drew
FFR#3928

P.S. - Thanks again to everyone who was willing to change their weekend plans to help! Sounds like we have a good sized group in the Charlotte area, so perhaps we should at least organize a quarterly get-together for everyone?!?!? (I expect Cobra Earl to tell me "Great idea...you now have your orders.")

·
Charter Member
682 Posts
Since Monday is a holiday for me I can make it before 6:00 if needed. If you need my cell # drop me an email [email protected]

Scott

1 - 20 of 37 Posts