Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Charter Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The assembly manaul says the charge indicator light and resistor are necessary to complete the battery charge circuit. I'm using the stock 93' gauges for the dash but am not using the pod as it won't fit there with the A/C/heater box.
#1. Question is; the back of the pod plastic wiring sheet has an is stamped "amp" where the front of the dash battery icon light is. Is this for the amp meter and is this the "charge indicator light"?
#2. Where is the resistor ? Do i use the mustang one or splice in another and which ?
Paul

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts
Paul,
Yes,
The AMP is the one you want. You can use the resistor off the pod or get one from Radio Shack. 470 ohm.
Wire the light into the circuit and put the resistor in parallel to the light. It's there to provide an alternate path for the sensing voltage to get the alternator started before it starts producing its own current. No sensing circuit, no charge. Ergo, if the light burns out, the circuit opens and the Alternator? she no work.
The resistor allows current to flow around the burned out bulb.

HTH,

d.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts
Ooooo Paul,
I reread your post and it sounds like you're also considering using the Ammeter provided by FFR. I don't recommend it although a few have used it. It's superfluous. And it was really scary to me to have all those amps flowing behind my dash.
You get the same data you need from the volt meter. Look at it when you turn on the key but before you start the engine. That's your battery voltage at the gauge. Look at again after start. If it reads higher with the alternator turning, the alternator is working.
To use the ammeter, you have to run all the flowing current thru the meter. Doing that negates what you've done with relays etc., to keep high current flow isolated. Stick the ammeter in your dash without hooking it up until you fill the hole with a clock or, even better, a boost gauge!

d

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.