Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've got the canister mounted where Factory Five recommends. (I'm doing a completely stock build.) I hooked up the two hoses to it, one from under the intake manifold and the other from the gas tank. I used the small diameter extensions on the top of the canister and the two large ones don't have anything hooked to them. Is this right? Do they have to have a dust sheild on these large openings or can I leave them open. Sorry, I just simply forget how it was set up in the Mustang. Thanks for the help!

·
4,494 Posts
I believe the two larger holes are vents, but they are supposed to have plastic caps that are about 1" in diameter in them. Apparently yours are missing. I doubt that it matters technically.

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
The two large openings should have dust caps on them. Also, the line that goes to the intake should have a "charcoal canister purge solenoid" valve in it.

[ December 18, 2002, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Wade Chamberlain ]

·
Registered
725 Posts
Your missing the two caps, lots of Fords use the same type canister. I bought a 76 Thunderbird and noticed the same canister as the Mustang. T Bird has a 460 that runs great, don't know what I'll do with it :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks you guys. I'll see if I can get some from Ford or the boneyard. This thing is coming along really nice now! I can't wait!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts