Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In ct public act 09-187 allows you to register the car as year it most resembles. This is new since 2009. My question is has anyone been successful in having the year changed on a composite car(what ct refers to as a kit car) registered prior to 2009.. my car is registered as 2006 composite. This becomes very important tax time. because if the car were registered as 1965 i could put antique plates on it and limit my evaluation to $500.00. so i would go from $700.00 to $15.00 per year in taxes.. try to get that answered at CT DMV.

LLoyd

· Senior Charter Member
1,874 Posts
Not positive but think you are out of luck on both counts. I know a couple of people have tried to change the year and were told no. As far as the antique plates go, I think if you check the regs on them you'll find that composites are excluded no matter what year they are registered as.

· Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well what started this trek is having talked to several people who have registered there cobras in last two months. apparently the inspector determines the year it resembles and then is registered as that vehicle, and yes they both had antique plates. I called today and sure enough no problem with a car inspected and registered today. what i can't get an answer one way or another how to change a car registered prior to 2009.
Anyone registering in Connecticut is going to want to go the antique license plate route due to the heavy tax burdens
LLoyd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.