Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My engine is in, hooked up, and running and I expect to be go-karting by the weekend. :001_tongue:

I'm going to remove the headers tonight to drill and weld the O2 bungs.

While I have the headers off, I was contemplating installing my new Energy Suspension motor mounts. I currently have the original OEM mounts installed.
Can I slip the new ones in by unbolting the old ones and the transmount, without disconnecting the coolant and fuel lines?
Can I gently jack the motor up, or do I need to haul out my cherry picker again?

If I can remove the bolts and sneak them out, I'll do it tonight with the headers off, otherwise I'll wait until spring.

· Charter Member
3,740 Posts
Depend on how much slack you have on the fuel lines.
You will need to at least be able to raise it (the engine) an inch to slide the mount out.
I recommend replacing the mounts one at a time if you are going to use a jack.

· Lay posi
1,223 Posts
I wouldn't. I purchased 2 sets of ES mounts through Summit and both sets were cracked (metal was cracked). One on the DS and the other on the PS. I gave up and just stuck with the stock ones. The cracks on the ES mounts leave me to believe that the metal parts are cold stamped (formed).

If you ever want to change them you may be able to do it with a floor jack later, but it depends if your bell housing has enough room above it.

Wibby

· Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to know Wibby, I got them from a forum member, but it didn't look like an easy task to complete. I think I'll just leave well enough alone.

Got the headers off and drilled the holes for the bungs, just need to take them over to have the bungs welded in now.

Leo, did you talk to John? Is he available Thursday night?
I want to put them back on Friday night, if possible.

· iBuild
5,740 Posts
If you have the picker available, I would use it to lift the motor instead of the jack. You should have enough slack, but your going to want to losen both sides, then lift a bit and wiggle wiggle wiggle to get the mount out. I'm sure you could do it with a jack, but the three times I did it I used a picker.

Scott

· Registered
4,498 Posts
Good to know Wibby, I got them from a forum member, but it didn't look like an easy task to complete. I think I'll just leave well enough alone.

Got the headers off and drilled the holes for the bungs, just need to take them over to have the bungs welded in now.

Leo, did you talk to John? Is he available Thursday night?
I want to put them back on Friday night, if possible.
he will
except you need to call him and set up a time, he has got 2 tig-rigs don't know if the one he likes is still in his service truck.
i will PM you his number.

· Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just updating my post.
I decided to go ahead and install the new motor mounts.
It wasn't as difficult as I imagined.
I took it slow and careful and it went well.

Thanks for your help / advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.