·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,312 Posts
Landy, what do you mean by "blank" ?

·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well,

That is just too bad. Someone should jump in on this. Sergio I bet you are right, this would be a worth while endeavor.

Bill,
did you figure out what I meant by blank?

Bruce,
what does a blank fiberglass go for? And what is considerably higher translated into $'s.

Side ?, who is offering a blank fiberglass hood that fits great? And what are they going for??

thanks for the replies!!!!

·
Registered
810 Posts
$350 for standard 'glass scoopless hoods. Carbon?, unobtainable now, but when I can get prepreg and schedule autoclave time , I'm guessing around $1000

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
Bruce, very interested, what's the hinge set-up on your hood and is it one-piece or two? Also what's your estimate for shipping to AZ?

·
Senior Charter Member
1,270 Posts
Bruce,

Left you a PM about a hood. Would also be interested in a new trunk lid if it is without the FFR bump out. Am also interested to know if your hood will fit a MKII hood hoop and hinge set-up.

Thanks,

·
Registered
810 Posts
Yes authentic style trunk is in the works. The hood is based on the MKIII style(oversized, sand to fit your opening) but with additional bracing to help eliminate bending from pressure of the lifting rams,F5 type hinges or original style loop hinges. Not for sale untill next year once I get development done on the LeMans,and Dragonsnake tops done, and get some funds together for an add.thanks

·
Been There, Broke That
1,573 Posts
For anyone curious what the hood looks like without a scoop, here is a SPF Roadster:

I think they have stopped selling these though.

Take care.

Tom

·
Senior Charter Member
1,668 Posts
I wouldn't try to rework the FFR hood. If you look on the sides of the scoop there are large flat spots that have to get built up. PIA.

·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hoofa,

your fiberglass work is pretty sick. i have reworked the stock hood, twice infact. Im still not happy with it, and if i sand and glass that hood one more time i may go postal.

landy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts