Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ff cobra master craftsman
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the original ceramic coated side pipes that i built my car with, they are getting all beat up. I would like to cut them up and install some classic chambered cobra pak mufflers but I would like to know what is the best way to remove the ceramic coating on the exaust?.

·
Premium Member
18,253 Posts
I used an air sander with 80 grit paper. Be careful, as it can quickly remove metal as well ceramic coating. I remove about 1/2" or so from the weld area.

·
Registered
153 Posts
That is a great winter mod. I did the same thing last year, you are going to love the sound of the Classis Chambered pipes.

Like Bob said, hit it with an aggresive sanding pad, but be sure to clean up the welds and swirl marks left from sanding with a finer grit before ceramic coating.

Wade

·
Charter Member
1,497 Posts
If you have access to a sand blaster that's the best way to remove ceramic. Sanding can leave flat spots which will show up when you have them re-coated. Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.