Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that quite a few people here have used CCW Wheels on their GTM. I am planning to also.

I thought that I would have more time to order the tires and wheels, and have them before the body gets back from paint, and is ready to be mounted. But it looks like that's going to happen much sooner than I thought.

So, what has been your experience once you've ordered wheels from CCW? Are they quick to get them to you (2 weeks or less), or do they make you sweat it out?

Also, since these are custom made wheels, are the offsets correct, so that we wouldn't need to use the spacers that Factory Five includes in the kit?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I bought a set for my vette. I was very happy. I got a set that, if I diceded to put after market calipesr on I would not have an issue. they know their stuff. I think it was 3 weeks on my delivery. As far as the offsets, I would call them. i'm sure they have the specs and can tell you exactly what you'll need. nice guys..

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
I know that quite a few people here have used CCW Wheels on their GTM. I am planning to also.

I thought that I would have more time to order the tires and wheels, and have them before the body gets back from paint, and is ready to be mounted. But it looks like that's going to happen much sooner than I thought.

So, what has been your experience once you've ordered wheels from CCW? Are they quick to get them to you (2 weeks or less), or do they make you sweat it out?

Also, since these are custom made wheels, are the offsets correct, so that we wouldn't need to use the spacers that Factory Five includes in the kit?
Stig,

I have a set of brand new CCW wheels w brand new /PS2 (18 x 12" rear-- 335/30-18) I may sell. PM me if you have any interest.

Here is a pic:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Stage7 - you need more rivets on those panels...don't think they are secure enough yet.
Haha...they were already on the car when I bought it. They've since been removed and reinstalled.

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
Call CCW and talk to either Chip or John and they can take care of you. They're the ones that helped me to get the wheels for that first gray/silver GTM I built. They've already got all the offset info on file for the GTM, so they can set you up.

·
Registered
303 Posts
CCW has a great turn around. I ordered my Vette wheels custom offset for fender flares and big brakes on a Monday. They were shipped that same Friday and I had them the next Wed. :yes:

·
Senior Charter Member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Shane - I think it was Chip that I've spoken to in the past, but I just couldn't remember whether he said that I would still need the spacers or not.

Chriswtx - That sounds like very quick turn around. A week to 10 ays is awesome!

Stage 7 - I'm thinking. I was actually thinking about ordering the C2R's or the SP16's. Are yours CR14's? They look good...

·
Still Working
57 Posts
CCW wheels and Big Brakes

IF you plan to run big brakes, such as Wilwood 13 or 14" rotors, w 4/6 pistons - Need to let CCW know such that Offset could be performed to accomodate.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IF you plan to run big brakes, such as Wilwood 13 or 14" rotors, w 4/6 pistons - Need to let CCW know such that Offset could be performed to accomodate.
I sent a quick note to CCW asking them about the Z06 brake fitment, and they assured me that with the Corsair line, clearance is not an issue. But you have to let them know ahead of time if you order the SP/T profiles.

Thanks for the heads up. That could have been an issue, because I absolutely forgot to mention it when I bought them.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
I sent a quick note to CCW asking them about the Z06 brake fitment, and they assured me that with the Corsair line, clearance is not an issue. But you have to let them know ahead of time if you order the SP/T profiles.

Thanks for the heads up. That could have been an issue, because I absolutely forgot to mention it when I bought them.
They clear my AP Racing BBK setup fairly easily. I can't wait to see them polished.

Regarding the trip. I'm planning on going to Va Speed soon, so it will be at "little" closer no? lol

·
Senior Charter Member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They clear my AP Racing BBK setup fairly easily. I can't wait to see them polished.

Regarding the trip. I'm planning on going to Va Speed soon, so it will be at "little" closer no? lol
Charlotte is about 3 1/2 to 4 hours from there. Come on down!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts