Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
15,282 Posts
Not too smart...the insurance money from a $50k car isn't going to buy you a $160k car. Doh!

Cheers, John

·
OT Moderator
13,931 Posts
To be young and dumb again, jeez.

BTW, WTF is a 17 yr old doing with an M3. That in it self is ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
5,526 Posts
They need to press charges on this spoiled brat.

That'll learn him :D

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by ROB J:
To be young and dumb again, jeez.

BTW, WTF is a 17 yr old doing with an M3. That in it self is ridiculous.
That was what I meant by cause and effect. Why in the world would parents by a kid an M3? It seems the permissiveness of his folks made him think something like this was okay.

·
Registered
773 Posts
My 17 yr old is LUCKY to be driving a 97 Sonoma Pick-up truck. That wouldn't change even if I could afford to buy him an M3.
*To become a "wise old man", one has to start out as a "dumb young man".

·
Premium Member
11,510 Posts
I read that earlier this morning. Typical case of spoiled brat with no discipline.

My take is he wanted the insurance money and was getting money from the theft scam as well. He'd probably end up with half what it would cost to get a wrecked Bentley though...unless he had some scam for getting the other 100,000 dollars for the bottom of the line. Maybe he sells drugs on the side as well

·
Super Moderator
29,362 Posts
Another example from the shallow end of the gene pool

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
The rest of the money was going to come from his rich dumb parents. This is what happens when things are too easy. Dad probably told him he could have the Bentley if he could get rid of the Beemer. He found the way..................Dad will probably get him off......

·
Tropically Twisted
1,727 Posts
Insane. I guess the 'new parenting' is definitely not working. I thank over and over that my dad taught me to work hard, be honest, and appreciate everything. He busted his butt working throughout all my youth and we sure knew that everything we had was because of that. He still busts his butt working, and we are not just father and son, but we're good friends. Priceless.

And on another note.. what 17 yr old needs a friggin Bentley? or for that matter, an M3? If I were the parents of that kid, he'd be lucky to have a bicycle after pulling off a stunt like that.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,293 Posts
I don't have any kids,thank God.
There is a column that runs in the local paper,authored by a guy by the name Rosemond,or something like that.A child shrink.
He seems to say that the world does not revolve around the child.
The childs world revolves around the parent.
That was the way it was when I grew up.
WTF happen to that logic???????????

·
Premium Member
11,510 Posts
A65SSnake - AMEN! I adapted to my parents life, I was invited into their life and knew good and well my dad could take it back if so inclined. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts