Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Charter Member
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my MKII on the road in June and always had it in the back of my mind that I could upgrade my exhaust by adding the catalytic converters to quiet this thing down. Adding catalytic converts serves two purposes they make the car quieter and they also cleanup the exhaust, which can definitely help you, get thru emissions. Well I went out to the factory five web site to place an order and it appears that the factory changed the design for the MKIII and no longer offer the MKII Model catalytic converter jpipe switch. A reliable source at the factory suggested that I go with an after market converter and have it welded up at an exhaust shop. I suspect this could get pretty expensive and difficult to get right without the Jpipe jig so our exhaust could be pointing up in the air somewhere.

So does anyone have a pair of MKII converters they would like to sell me before my wife has me sell this for an electric car?

I wonder if the factory could make some of these old units if we committed to an order of 10 or more sets? Anyone besides me interested in pursuing this with FactoryFive. They still sell the catalytic jpipe option but it seems that the design has changed so it won’t fit our MKII configuration. I’d like to keep my Jpipe and have to option of the catalytic converter to get me past emissions inspection if required.

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
I'm in...same reasons and an MK2

·
Charter Member
750 Posts
Bob, I have an MKI, and I needed a new set of converters for it. so I talked to Steve Dutton at FFR.He had to order the triangular flanges for them, and it took about 3 weeks to receive them. If you talk to Steve he might be able to help you out. Otherwise you would have to order the 4 into 4 side pipes to make it work.
Ergie

·
Charter Member
222 Posts
I need a set also for a MK II

·
Charter Member
347 Posts
It seems odd that the factory would leave MKI and MKII owners in this situation. Sounds like unless you can pick up used equipment somewhere we will all have to convert to 4 into 4 sidepipes or resort to fabricating parts. Doesn't seem like the best customer relations strategy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts