Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Order of the Purple Cobra
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a discussion of the Website committee. Please contact [email protected] to provide input if you are NOT a committee member or want to join us.

Must: Provide public contact area, Have calendar of events, about us (bylaws, etc)

Want: Highlight past events (like a newsletter), Member Directory, Members Pics, Members Vids, Member Vendors (skills, profession, etc), Link to forum, Member info maintained by member

·
Cascade Cobras
791 Posts
I sent this in an email to the committee but I'll post it here too...

My 2 cents worth…

1. Keep the simple URL (cascadecobras.com) and not go through someone like Facebook or Myspace.

2. Have continually rotating pictures at the top of the page.

3. Continue to have a “MEMBERS ONLY” section but have the individual be able to update their own information as needed. Having this up-to-date information is worth the pain of having another log-in and password.

4. Keep the calendar and develop it further. NOTE: I’ve already added the ability for anyone to post a suggestion in the calendar and I’m working on embedding links to photos of the individual events. That way someone wanting to see how much fun the individual Runs/Tours are, need only to click the link to see photos from previous years.

5. Keep the link to the NW DISCUSSION FORUM.

6. Keep the “GALLERY” but develop it into individual events and activities instead of the individual people. Would need to be able to upload pictures into a “community” album. That way people would be able to click on an event, i.e. Annual Beach Run, and see everyone’s photos in one location and in one album. NOTE: This is of course after we get it back up and running.

7. Remove the links to the CSX PHOTO LIBRARY and CSX VIDEO LIBRARY.

8. Remove the “CLUB GEAR” section. We do not currently have a store of items for sale and therefore do not require this section.

9. Change the “LOCAL VENDORS” to “MEMBER SERVICES” and make it a list of links to the products, services, or just abilities that our members are able to provide/share. Examples are, Stu’s machining, Farra’s SO_FAST, John McKeon’s contracting, Steven’s metalworking, etc.

10. Change the “LINKS” to “VENDOR LINKS” and expand it to include all businesses/vendors that provide products or services to our members and if they have discounts for such services. Examples could include, Landmark Ford, Baxter Auto Parts, Summit Racing, Oil Filter Services, etc.

11. Keep the “MEMBERS CARS” section but just have a single photo (at owner’s discretion) of the member’s car. We can include the name of the member and the make of the car if they so choose.

12. Add registered trademark symbols (®) to all references to Cobra®.

13. Keep the “CLUB INFO” section with the “Bylaws”, update the links under “Contact us” (they are not working), keep the “Application”, and remove the “Meeting Location” (it will be on the calendar)

Eric

·
Cascade Cobras
791 Posts
UPDATE: I have now modified the calendar so that I can embed links in the entry description. If you click on an entry, a blue page will open. If there is a link to a website and/or flyer for that event it will be listed in the "Description". When you run your cursor over it, it will change from black to blue font. That link will take you to the website for that event. If you want to see what it looks like, try the Portland International Auto Show in the January calendar.

I think I have the calendar now able to "do" everything I wanted, it is just a matter of getting it filled up.

Eric

·
Order of the Purple Cobra
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My thoughts:

1. Keep the simple URL (cascadecobras.com) and not go through someone like Facebook or Myspace. Sounds right

2. Have continually rotating pictures at the top of the page. Something for web page designer to evaluate.

3. Continue to have a “MEMBERS ONLY” section but have the individual be able to update their own information as needed. Having this up-to-date information is worth the pain of having another log-in and password. Firmly agree

4. Keep the calendar and develop it further. NOTE: I’ve already added the ability for anyone to post a suggestion in the calendar and I’m working on embedding links to photos of the individual events. That way someone wanting to see how much fun the individual Runs/Tours are, need only to click the link to see photos from previous years. Great

5. Keep the link to the NW DISCUSSION FORUM. Yep

6. Keep the “GALLERY” but develop it into individual events and activities instead of the individual people. Would need to be able to upload pictures into a “community” album. That way people would be able to click on an event, i.e. Annual Beach Run, and see everyone’s photos in one location and in one album. NOTE: This is of course after we get it back up and running. The way we use this should be evaluated by the committee. I don't think we understand how this resource can be best utilized

7. Remove the links to the CSX PHOTO LIBRARY and CSX VIDEO LIBRARY. Agreed and done. Should we evaluate having a spot for member videos?

8. Remove the “CLUB GEAR” section. We do not currently have a store of items for sale and therefore do not require this section. If we have someone that wants to use this for the club we should entertain ideas

9. Change the “LOCAL VENDORS” to “MEMBER SERVICES” and make it a list of links to the products, services, or just abilities that our members are able to provide/share. Examples are, Stu’s machining, Farra’s SO_FAST, John McKeon’s contracting, Steven’s metalworking, etc. Rename it something to make it associated to the vendors talents. How's "Member Vendors"

10. Change the “LINKS” to “VENDOR LINKS” and expand it to include all businesses/vendors that provide products or services to our members and if they have discounts for such services. Examples could include, Landmark Ford, Baxter Auto Parts, Summit Racing, Oil Filter Services, etc. I agree that we should have spot for this but a name that I am excited about fails me.

11. Keep the “MEMBERS CARS” section but just have a single photo (at owner’s discretion) of the member’s car. We can include the name of the member and the make of the car if they so choose. We might be able to link this to the gallery. Check out my listing and click the "cobra shots" link. What do you think about a link to the gallery?.

12. Add registered trademark symbols (®) to all references to Cobra®. I am not sold on the need for this,

13. Keep the “CLUB INFO” section with the “Bylaws”, update the links under “Contact us” (they are not working), keep the “Application”, and remove the “Meeting Location” (it will be on the calendar) We should decide on the best way for interested parties to contact us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts