Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a Summer Trip for Cascade Cobras, June 12,13, and 14th.

Summer cruise to central Oregon by way of BACK ROADS

DAY ONE 6/12/2020
(about 5 or 6hrs driving or 260ish mi)
1. We will start at 9:00 A. M. from Tollgate Inn in Sandy Oregon.
Please have cars "Topped Off" with fuel and be ready to go! Arrive early to have breakfast with us if you want.
2. From Sandy we head east on Hwy 26 to Madras (90ish mi/1:30mins) than take exit (Hwy 26) towards Prineville(30ish mi/30mins)
3. From Prineville we take exit to Hwy 380 to Paulina (55ish mi/1hr) then on to Hwy 63 to Hwy 395 to Prairie City(95ish mi150mins)
4.We will stay overnite at "Prairie City Hotel" 541-820-4800 Please make reservation early, very small hotel !!!
5. We will eat at Oxbow Restaurant & Saloon(3 doors down from hotel ) 541-820-4544

DAY TWO 6/13/2020
1. Leave Prairie City going easy on Hwy 26 to Unity(35ish mi) than north on Hwy 245 (Dooley Mtn. Rd) to Hwy 7 to Sumpter (25ish mi).
We will decide where to go from Sumpter?
2. We will end up in Baker in the early afternoon and stay at Quality Inn/ Sunridge Inn 541-523-6444 and dinner at Haines Steak House

DAY THREE 6/14/2020
1. Depart after Breakfast, heading back to the Portland Area, the route to be chosen by our fearless leader.

Please post in this thread, so we'll know how many cars to expect.

Right now we have:
1. Butch and Lindsay
2. Steve and Julie
3. Terry and Liz

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a Summer Trip for Cascade Cobras, June 12,13, and 14th.

Summer cruise to central Oregon by way of BACK ROADS

DAY ONE 6/12/2020
(about 5 or 6hrs driving or 260ish mi)
1. We will start at 9:00 A. M. from Tollgate Inn in Sandy Oregon.
Please have cars "Topped Off" with fuel and be ready to go! Arrive early to have breakfast with us if you want.
2. From Sandy we head east on Hwy 26 to Madras (90ish mi/1:30mins) than take exit (Hwy 26) towards Prineville(30ish mi/30mins)
3. From Prineville we take exit to Hwy 380 to Paulina (55ish mi/1hr) then on to Hwy 63 to Hwy 395 to Prairie City(95ish mi150mins)
4.We will stay overnite at "Prairie City Hotel" 541-820-4800 Please make reservation early, very small hotel !!!
5. We will eat at Oxbow Restaurant & Saloon(3 doors down from hotel ) 541-820-4544

DAY TWO 6/13/2020
1. Leave Prairie City going easy on Hwy 26 to Unity(35ish mi) than north on Hwy 245 (Dooley Mtn. Rd) to Hwy 7 to Sumpter (25ish mi).
We will decide where to go from Sumpter?
2. We will end up in Baker in the early afternoon and stay at Quality Inn/ Sunridge Inn 541-523-6444 and dinner at Haines Steak House

DAY THREE 6/14/2020
1. Depart after Breakfast, heading back to the Portland Area, the route to be chosen by our fearless leader.

Please post in this thread, so we'll know how many cars to expect.

Right now we have:
1. Butch and Lindsay
2. Steve and Julie
3. Terry and Liz

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As of Monday 3/16 we have:
1. Butch and Lindy
2. Steve and Julie
3. Terry and Liz
4. Mike and Janie
5. Bruce and Kathy

Reactions: IsaacW

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tuesday 3/17 added:
6. Chris and Donna Mann

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,049 Posts
Trip has been updated 6/3/2020. For info please contact Terry H or me. Thanks all--

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,049 Posts
New Summer Cruise" dates July 10th-12th!! Info to follow asap!!

·
First Time Builder
324 Posts
Are Gel Coat Drivers welcome? I believe I will have my Mk4 titled, registered and insured that week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Yes, I drove mine for a year in gel...join in...

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,049 Posts
Due to limited sitting and hotel spaces,ect(covid -19)., the "Cascade Summer Cruise 2020" is full. More info to come--thanks all

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New Summer Cruise" dates July 10th-12th!! Info to follow asap!!
Issac, would you send me your contact info, email to me at [email protected]. I failed to get it from you at our last meeting. Looking forward to the summer trip.
Thanks, Terry Hagberg

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,049 Posts
The Cascade Cobra's Summer Cruise list is "FILLED"
We are very limited to number of folks that can go this year.
If someone on the list below cancels,we might be able to add others. (We are a lil over booked now even)
SUMMER CRUISE LIST:
1.Butch & Lindy
2. Steve & Julie
3. Terry & Liz
4. Bruce & Kathy
5. Mike & Judy
6. Chris & Donna
7. Mike & Janie
8. Isaac & Wife

Any questions contact me--thanks all

·
First Time Builder
324 Posts
I just emailed the group, so you have my contact info now. Thanks!

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,049 Posts
Cascade Cobra's "Summer Cruise 2020" is a GO !!!!
See ya all @ Tollgate Inn in Sandy this Friday 7/10/2020
Driver's mting & info @ 9:00 A. M.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,049 Posts
Hey Dave, You missed a great trip! 'Lil Dragon was made for GT 40s,ect. Hopefully pics,ect coming shortly! Stay tuned--(y)

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Julie and I want to say thank you to Butch for putting this trip together. Everything went well even with the virus thing going on. The folks in central/eastern Oregon are much less bothered by the whole deal. Nice to get away with good people. Cars all ran well and no issues. 800 miles over three days is a lot of seat time. A big THANK YOU!

·
First Time Builder
324 Posts
What a great introductory trip. Thanks to the group for making me feel welcome and watching my back, even when I was a little slow for the group.

Had a great time; it’s hard to not have a perma-smile on your face cruising down the road 5 Cobras in a row.

I also appreciated the valuable input and advice. It is always welcome, and I look forward to implementing the suggestions.

Thanks for a great time! Looking forward to the Picnic.

·
Order of the Purple Cobra
797 Posts
Mt. Hood heading east with 4 in tow.

·
Order of the Purple Cobra
797 Posts
On the way over to Prairie City we drove through central Oregon, literally. Post, Oregon is the geographic center of the state.

Here are Lindy and Butch at the happening spot:

Our route took us to The Little Dragon of Oregon State Route 245 ‘Dooley Mountain Highway.

The Little Dragon stacks up 188 corners in a short 14 miles as the road climbs from open farmland in the valley below. Here are Julie and Lindy:

The first day ended in Prairie City with a bunch of cobras parked on main street.

We finished the day off by taking over the bar at the Hotel Prairie. They were closed but that did not stop us.

These are Butch's pictures. The only function he knows how to do for sure on his smartphone. Calls are even hard.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts