Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, Here's the details on an August Oregon/California Coastal Trip I'm Planning. Hotels will be blocked for a week, so if you're going, think you might be going, schedule your rooms as you can cancel with 48 hr notice. We'll meet Friday August 9th at 9:00AM at Landmark Ford, and plan to leave at 9:30. The Seattle Club has a trip planned down to Florence and return, which is a little short for the Portland area group. Our trip will continue down the coast to Port Orford, Saturday down to Crescent City for lunch, and return up that beautiful coast to Florence. Sunday continues north to Pacific City for lunch, a stop in Tillamook, then 101 to Hwy 26 back to Portland. Hoping for that comfortable coastal weather. Please indicate if you've made reservations and will join the tour. Details below.

Cascade Cobras Summer 2019 coast Trip

Aug 9
Tigard to Lincoln City, 78 miles 1:46
Lunch – Hwy 101 Burger Lincoln City
5045 US-101, Lincoln City, OR 97367
Lincoln city to Port Orford 173 miles 3:41
Overnight – Castaway by the Sea 541-332-4502
545 5th St, Port Orford, OR 97465
Rooms blocked for 1 week, so call if you intend to go.
2- Townhouses multi level – sleeps two couples $205.
3 Condo’s with Kitchen - $180
1 Single Queen - $120
Dinner – Redfish - Looks like a good menu
517 Jefferson St, Port Orford, OR 97465

Aug 10
Port Orford to Crescent City 82 miles 1:40
Lunch - Butch’s Recommendation
Crescent City to Florence 182 miles 3:37
Overnight - River House Inn - 888-824-2454
Off River King - $129
River Front King $169
Dinner - Waterfront Depot
1252 Bay St, Florence, OR 97439

Aug 11
Florence to PACIFIC City 96 miles 2:15
Lunch – Meridian Rest & Bar
Stop at Tillamook Cheese Factory for Ice Cream
Pacific City to Portland via 101 & 26 128 miles 2:40

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Liz and I are in, Reservations made.
Terry H.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
be careful what you ask for...

Be seeing ya..daughter flying in from so. cali. reservations made...let's see, I wonder if the car will start...>:)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great James, good to see you're on. Everyone else, blocked rooms will release this weekend, so make reservations if you plan on joining the tour.

Thanks,
Terry

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,033 Posts
Just made our reservations for Summer Tour!:wink2:
Butch

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Julie and Steve have made reservations also although I have reservations about hanging out with you all for that long ;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steve you're running with a bad crowd....

Looking forward to a great trip. We currently have:

Terry & Liz
James & Daughter
Butch
Steve & Julie
and I expect 1 or 2 more cars to join.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We are 2 weeks from our Cascade Cobra Summer Coast Trip.

Looking forward to a great trip. We currently have:

Terry & Liz

James & Daughter

Butch & Lindy

Steve & Julie

And Welcome,
Mike And Janie Stephens - New members, 3 Superformance, 1 red, 1 blue (Driving the Red/White Stripes, 514 Ford powered on the trip)
(Couldn't you put a bigger engine in that thing??)

and I expect a possible 1 or 2 more cars to join.

I'm packing now.

Terry H.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a few days until our Cascade Cobras Summer Coast Trip. Great restaurants, good company, driving Cobras on the beautiful Oregon Coast. I'm really looking forward to it. Getting the car ready, checking tire pressures, packing my duffel bag. Looking forward to great times, with good friends. See you on Friday Morning at Landmark Ford. Meet at 9am, depart at 9:30am. Let's go.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,033 Posts
Lindy and I are ready to go:wink2:. I even put some fuel in 'Ol#1437. Looking forward to a good time with all. Just saying--lol

Butch

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Ashley, my daughter. is flying in from So. Cali. for the trip..she's already excited...before she had my grandson Ashley was my co-adventurer on runs with the Colorado Mile High Cobra Club, Snakes to the Lakes with the SF Cobra Club...great times just her & I..love road trips...

·
Order of the Purple Cobra
795 Posts
Hey everyone. Have a great time turning gasoline and cash into smiles.

Donna and I, along with our daughters, are headed to the festivities in Seattle honoring Edgar Martinez's induction into the baseball hall of fame. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeegar!

Post lots of pictures because you know what Don always said: If there are not any pictures, it didn't happen.

Chris

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Julie and I want to thank Terry and Liz for putting the trip together. Good times with good people. A bit over 700 miles. We had a couple of weather and traffic challenges but that is something we can't control. Thanks, we had a great time. Let's do it again.

·
Order of the Purple Cobra
795 Posts
It looks like it happened. Butch will explain his pics I posted for him.

1. >>>>

2. >>>>

3. >>>>

4. >>>>

5. >>>>

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,033 Posts
Lindy and I would like to thank Terry and Liz for hosting this trip:thumbup1:. Couple of "lil" bumps in the weather, but a really good time with fun folks. And I'd like to thank Chris M. for posting my pics to show that this fun trip really did happen! (lol)
Butch

1 - 16 of 16 Posts