Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that it has come up over on the other forum, so I thought I would post it over here. The Cars to the Coast trip was fantastic! I think a fun time was had by all….except maybe for one of the tour participants…

So here is the story…

We leave Fort Bragg on Sunday morning, heading up Highway 1. Weendoggy, Mike Rosenthal, and a few others decide to rip it up through the winding, tree lined highway. After the spirited jaunt, we head towards home, carving our way through some of the states wonderful back roads. One of the participants of the trip came along for the ride in his Porsche speedster, which by the way, I was very impressed at his ability to hang tough. As we head towards Willits, the “Biker” crowd starts to increase in numbers as we drive down the highway. We drive into Willits and head down the main drag as we drive through town. Traffic is now getting a little thick as we continue through town, but nothing major. The Porsche driver is about the fourth car in the line of about eleven Cobras. As the light turns green, the three front cars continue through the light, but only get a few feet. The Porsche driver is waiting to cross the intersection, when out of nowhere, the biggest, ugliest, whisky drinken', no shower taken, haven’t shaved since he was born, biker “dude”, comes racing from down one of the side streets. He blows through the red light into the path of the Porsche driver and stops in front of him. At this point, the biker starts in with every form of profanity you can think of as the poor Porsche guy and his wife listen in horror. The biker dude is calling the poor guy out of his car (which I guess means he wanted to teach him a lesson or two). I was two cars behind him, and was crapping my pants for the Porsche driver, because there was no way in hell I could take this guy (even with some help). As the biker dude was in full rant and explosive profanity hurling, four uniformed police officers run off the sidewalk ten feet away from where this all started. The police officers decided that he needed a MAJOR timeout and got him out of the way. The sense of relief came over us all, as the uniformed police did their job. The scary thing was looking at the other 50 motorcycles lined up a few feet away from the biker dude. Our assumptions were that this “gang” must have been causing other problems, leading to an increased police presence in the area. We were all able to escape without a mishap to meet up at our picnic location a few miles down the road. We were all happy that there would not be a “Cobra Riot in Willits” news brief on the 10’oclock news. The sad part was, we never did figure out why the guy flew off the handle so bad. Too funny (and a little freaky).

·
Super Moderator
29,604 Posts
Great story.

My parents live in Ft. Bragg. I have been through Willits. There can be some nasty looking guys up there. And, as you stated, those roads were meant for a Cobra.

-Keith

·
Registered
93 Posts
This weekend was the annual redwood run at piercy ca, I have been several times, usually a pretty good crowd, but you do get your trouble makers, most of the time they hang out in the outlying towns, the hells angels work security along with the local kiwanis clubs, so the psuedo tough guys dont stay at the campgrounds, your right those roads are perfect for Cobras, and not half bad for Harleys :D

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,598 Posts
OK. We watched our video last night and have the incident where the "big guy" rides down into traffic. We were four or five cars back and I'm glad the Fang Bit was crapping his pants because I was laughing out loud.
It looked on film like the biker was trying to "squeez" in between the pedestrian that was crossing the street and the Porsche. We have his "buddies" come rescue him at the end on film too.

I'll be editing this sometime this week between working on my repairs but should have something ready by the end of the week. I can also d/l a still from the camera and will try to get that posted here soon.

[ June 11, 2002, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: weendoggy ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts