Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tropically Twisted
1,727 Posts
What would he do? Start ripping off Cobra emblems? Sue us to death? Threaten us with an afterlife in the fiery pits of hell? :D

Maybe someone should wear a Factory Five shirt there. MUHAHHAA!

·
just another builder
8,238 Posts
No, he'll charge you $200 to autograph your windwing or dash cover.

·
Charter Member
72 Posts
I will be there with my FFR #4790. Actually I have registered for the show and replicas are allowed. Cost is $30 for replica and real Shelby anythings are $20. Plan to get an autograph in a book that Shelby wrote the forward.
Gary

·
2,987 Posts
My brother Karl is headed out there with a bunch of guys from the local Windy City Cobra Club. They don't seem to be too concerned about what the old man is gonna say.

They will all get cuffed and the cars will get impounded. Then Karl will be calling me AGAIN for bail money. Hahahaha
Kurt

·
Junior Charter Member
251 Posts
I'll be there. I thought about having Shelby sign my dash board. But then I thought why should he get credit for my "Roadster". What I built (with the help of the Smith Brothers & the Gess Brothers) is way better then the replica CSX's he is trying to build in Mexico or South Africa or wherever.
Rick.

·
8,350 Posts
If he really does charge $ to autograph any part of your car, PAY IT! If you go to sell your build to a non-Forum person or through a specialty car sales company it can add several thousand to the price. I witnessed this at a sale; His signature on the car made the buyer go ga-ga. The salesman sort of inferred that the man actually "endorsed" the car.

·
OT Moderator
13,931 Posts
Originally posted by Dale:
The salesman sort of inferred that the man actually "endorsed" the car.
What a crock, huh? :rolleyes:

·
Junior Charter Member
251 Posts
Just heard a rumor Shelby can't make it due to health reasons. Can anyone confirm this rumor??
Thanks, Rick.

·
Charter Member
135 Posts
Rick,
You are right. Our Cobra Club received an e-mail from the President of The Volo Museum. He confirmed the fact that Shelby will not be there because of health reasons.
We are going ahead anyway. I believe we have 25 or so cars from the Windy City Cobra Club and about 40 or so Cobras in total.

Rich

·
Registered
773 Posts
If it wasn't for old man Shelby, there wouldn't be a Cobra sports car. IMHO, the guy is an icon in the automotive world; right up there with the greatest. I for one will gladly donate 200 bucks to charity to have his autograph on the dash of my FFR.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts