Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any interest?

They'll be selling for $175 for the spoiler and brackets very much like the ffr style. The finish is 100% smooth and glossy with no finishing required.
100% money back satisfaction.
I'm also working on a carbon dash with the filler panel underneath as a one piece unit. Any other ideas on carbon fiber goodies that could be usefull?

thanx, chris bailey

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
How about the console as a stand alone unit?? I need one...(and fast too...)
Ken

·
5,559 Posts
I would suggest a transmission tunnel top. That would be a very cool look, and would be fairly easy to mold as well!

Is that spoiler practical for the street, or is it primarily designed for the spec racers?

Brian

·
Registered
168 Posts
Chris I would like to know more about the dash and would be very interested in a top transmission tunnel cover.

Greg#4114

[email protected]

·
FFCobra Fanatic
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm working on the console Ken, hope to have the prototype next week. Small stereo sized opening for the wallet and keys with a tray in front(4") for loose change. And enough room above to mount a stereo.
I hadn't thought of a tranny tunnel cover, I would think it would need to be a flat finish to avoid the glare from the sun. That's a great idea I'll think on it.
The spoiler is actually more practical than the aluminum one from factory five because the tapered glass in the ends allows it to flex a little in the corners. On my al. one it seemed that when I did scrape it it was always the corners, I had it on for almost a year. Would also be good for autoxers like me to stop the cones going under the car. :D

chris.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I've wanted an aluminum one for as long as I've had the car finished. My car is 100% street driven and with the roads around here I figure it wouldn't last a week.
Still want one though !
RR

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Originally posted by Ken Bush:
How about the console as a stand alone unit?? I need one...(and fast too...)
Ken
ME TOO...ME TOO...ME TOO!!! A console and a trans tunnel cover made to look like one unit would be super.

·
\\\M3
2,299 Posts
Originally posted by B+L FFR 1686:
I would suggest a transmission tunnel top. That would be a very cool look, and would be fairly easy to mold as well!

Is that spoiler practical for the street, or is it primarily designed for the spec racers?

Brian
If you run that on the street, be prepared to rip it right off. But in any case, I'm interested. I'd love to hear more about the dash, filler panel, and console too.

Brendan

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Chris... I'm holding out for the console, but I'm trying to have it ready for the Knotts show in two weeks... are you close?? A tranny tunnel cover sounds great too..just out of curiosity, will the console match the CF dash from FFR?? Not sure if you use the same carbon fiber material or not...

Zavodnik... just curious where can you buy the carbon fiber sheeting??

Ken

·
FFCobra Fanatic
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The dash is coming, slowly. Tough mold to make with all the angles plus I have to pull the dash out of my car to make sure it fits, so no cobra riding.
Sorry Ken, I don't think I'll have a console for you in two weeks, I could however build a quickie to your specs out of divinycell. If you can draw it it can be built. I'm not sure what ffr uses for their carbon so....

chris bailey.

·
Not a waxer
12,076 Posts
Looks really good Chris! You might get a nice little cottage industry going doing CF parts. What else besides spoiler, dash and console? Maybe steering shaft covers, spats, rivet on hood scoops like the 40 th anniversary Shelbys. After you get all the small parts done you can move on to entire bodies!

Oh, by the way,

Originally posted by thunderball:
Would also be good for autoxers like me to stop the cones going under the car. :D

chris.
you might want to confer with John or Inman on this, but I don't think you are supposed to be hitting the cones. ;) :D

See ya,
Jeff

·
985 Posts
Putting a stereo in the console is not a good idea. That's where I mounted mine, and it worked great at first. But coming back from DVSF I got caught in the rain, and my stereo got wet. Real wet, and the water ran down inside the stereo. Eventually it dried out and started partially working. After that I recessed the console so that the stereo is under the dash, protected from rain. But now I am in the process of replacing my dash with a new CF dash and Autometer gauges, so a CF console would be nice, but it really should sit back a couple of inches.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Chris, thanks. Looks like I'll to go with the alum console for now... I'll keep an eye out for your console and tranny tunnel cover.. I can always add them later!! Thanks
Ken

·
FFCobra Fanatic
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Carbon visa card, now that funny!

Jeff,
I'm also thinking of making a carbon hood for my car but because of the mold time and the ton of carbon I'll need that may be by the end of summer. The carbon hood should be lighter than a door, with two versions- one that is cored with a paintable finish on the top, grainy carbon on the underside- and a full race hood of solid carbon about 3/16 thick with small divinycell "reinforcement" areas and a cleared glossy finish on top. Mine will be like this with the two copper ghost stripes running up the middle to match the carbon hard top.
This stuff is fairly easy to build one offs but I'm trying to go the mold route which is fairly time consuming. Hopefully I can get enough money together to help with muy soon to be coupe build. :eek:

chris bailey.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.