Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rapscallion
1,969 Posts
I use two. I have a 9" inline between the tank and the fuel pump and one canister (Canton) between the pump and the carb.

Roscoe

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
Roscoe and Marc:

I had an epiphany this weekend as I was finishing my brake lines and looking forward to fuel line(s). FFR 5412 is carb'd and I'm told that I need to s-can the donor intank fule pump set up for an external set-up. What did you do and where did you go to get it?

Gracie!

·
Rapscallion
1,969 Posts
Gracie,
I don't have an ffr but the setup is similar. I set the inline filter and pump low on the chassis rail just about under the driver. The canister filter is just forward before the fuel line runs up to the carb. I access both under the car.

The inline has a stainless re-usable filter element and the canister has a replaceable one.

Perhaps someone with an ffr can give you a more specific setup. The pump should be as low as you can get it.

Roscoe

·
Premium Member
7,237 Posts
Roscoe - any idea what mesh size is on the pre-filter? I bought a POS mustang track car that has a Holley Blue pump, but NO filters anywhere (before or after)! :eek: I've seen conflicting info on filter setups (one vs. two, before or after pump, mesh size, etc.).

·
Rapscallion
1,969 Posts
I'm using the System 1 Billet inline filter. 8 1/2" x 2" od. Has a 30 micron stainless mesh filter that can be cleaned and reused. It's on page 93 of the new Jegs catalog. You can get it in -8AN or -10AN.

Roscoe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.