Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weather permitting I'm headed to New England Dragway in Epping, NH for Tasca Ford day on Saturday. Its a day of all Ford racing as well as a car show (put on the same day by the Mustang Club of NH) that usually has a few Cobras as well. They do prefer you not show AND race.

I plan on racing. I've done it the past couple of years - a lot of fun. Its an all Ford event with Ford driveline as the requirement.

Details here: http://www.newenglanddragway.com/schedule/eventdetail/mustang.html

Let me know if your interested. Hope to see some of you there!

[ September 28, 2005, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Matt Kennedy ]

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, Brian, happy to hear. I'll be looking for you. As always if coming into town the night before is easier just let me know. Honestly, I only live 15 mins or so from the track and both kids are away in college so we have plenty of room. -Matt

·
1,648 Posts
Matt,

I'm going to bring my 66 GT350 replica instead of the cobra. It should be fun just to see what it might run. No traction I'm sure.(tiny 16" radials) I'll be driveing it out. :rolleyes: I'll be happy with a low 14 sec. slip. What time do you plan on getting there?

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi,
I have arm restraints for anyone racing.
Mike Forte

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,031 Posts
Matt,

I would love to go but will be in the garage working on the car (getting it ready for the Oct. Summit Point race)

Have fun! and dont brake your clutch again...
Are you running drag tires?

-John

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brian, the gates open at 8a. There is usually a pretty good line at the gate waiting to get into tech inspection with test and tune starting at 9a. I'll probably try to be there by 7:30 to 7:45.

Sean, hope you can make it.

John G. No Drag tires yet. Keep spennding the money on engine upgrades (hp is addictive)

John (Cobra 302) hope to see you there.

John (Jammin1) I'll bet your going to Culley's Snowmobile ranch...used to live in that area...know it well. Have fun.

It would be great to have a reasonably good contingent of Cobras there. It is a day normally dominated by Mustangs. Its a great group of people that really appreciate our cars. They normally have at least a handful of Mustangs running in the 7s. If you've never seen one it can be pretty amazing to watch.

Take care,
Matt

·
1,648 Posts
I also have arm restraints and driving suit etc if anyone needs. I'm racing the mustang so won't need them and it would be easy for me to bring them up. What do I need for a shirt/jacket in a 12-13-14-second mustang?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IHRA Rules that NED tends to follow to a greater or lesser degree

Elapsed Time (ET) of 13.50 seconds or slower:

-Snell 90 (or newer) helmet mandatory for entries running 13.99 or faster. - Recommended for entries running 14.00 or slower.
-Full hood
-Drive shaft loop if equipped with slicks
-Battery hold-down
-Radiator overflow can
-Seat belts (note: if an OEM style seat belt is replaced by an aftermarket, non-OEM style restraint it must meet SFI Specification 16.1.)
-Neutral safety switch mandatory for all vehicles with an automatic transmission. If a manual transmission vehicle was originally provided by the manufacturer with a clutch interlock switch it must remain operational.

Elapsed Time (ET) of 11.50 - 13.49

-Snell 90 (or newer) helmet
-Full hood
-Drive shaft loop if equipped with slicks
-Battery hold-down
-Radiator overflow can
-Seat belts (note: if an OEM style seat belt is replaced by an aftermarket, non-OEM style restraint it must meet SFI Specification 16.1.)
-Roll Bar or Roll Cage for convertibles - recommended for all others.
-Window Net (vehicles equipped with a Roll Cage only)
-Transmission shield/blanket meeting SFI -Specification 4.1 if the vehicle uses a modified transmission or special converter.
-Neutral safety switch mandatory for all vehicles with an automatic transmission. If a manual transmission vehicle was originally provided by the manufacturer with a clutch interlock switch it must remain operational.
-Reverse lockout mandatory.
-Check current IHRA Rule Book for additional requirements and specifications.

Elapsed Time (ET) of 10.00 - 11.49

-Snell 90 (or newer) helmet
-Hood is optional
-Drive shaft loop
-Battery hold-down
-Radiator overflow can
-Seat belts meeting SFI Specification 16.1 within 2 years expiration from date of manufacture.
-Harmonic Balancer meeting SFI 18.1 Specification (10.99 or quicker)
-Properly secured fire extinguisher
-Aftermarket axles and axle retention devices (10.99 or quicker)
-Roll Bar
-Window Net (vehicles equipped with a Roll Cage only)
-Transmission shield/blanket meeting SFI Specification 4.1 if the vehicle uses a modified transmission or special converter.
-Neutral safety switch mandatory for all vehicles with an automatic transmission. Reverse lockout mandatory. If a manual transmission vehicle was originally provided by the manufacturer with a clutch interlock switch it must remain operational.
-Reverse lockout mandatory.
-Flywheel shield meeting SFI Specification 6.3 on vehicles using multi-disc type clutches.
-Flywheel, clutch, pressure plate and flywheel shield meeting SFI 1.1 Specifications required on all cars using a clutch.
-Jacket meeting SFI 3.2A-1 Specifications
-Arm Restraints required on all open bodied cars
-Automatic Transmission Shield meeting SFI 4.1 Specifications (10.99 or quicker)
Check current IHRA Rule Book for additional requirements and specifications.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
774 Posts
For those who could make the Taska show, you missed a great time. The weather couldn't have been better for drag racing( a little cold, 43 Deg. on the 1 1/2 hour ride up bbbbrrrrr). I was able to make 2 qualifying runs and 2 ETNB runs before I got bumped. Big thanks to Brian D, Matt K, Patt, and everyone else that was there. I didn't get any pictures but I know Brian got some video.
Sean

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It really was a great time. Let me know if you guys come back to NED again before the end of the season. Brian, how'd you do after I left? As I recall when I left you were waiting for the track to get cleaned...again. Also, any chance you could get your tape to Sean so he could upload our runs to the computer?

Great time, great day.

Take care guys.

-Matt

1 - 20 of 25 Posts