Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been cruising and showing the roadster for a couple years, but always just on the ground. I've got a request to show my roadster in an indoor show and take off a wheel or two and display the suspension. The adjustable A-arms etc. So I'm looking for ideas. Please share some pics of roadsters on stands showing off the geometry of the suspenstion.

Thanks
Clay

·
Junior Charter Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Something similar to this.....

This was a Shell Valley buddy's displayed with mine and some other friends a couple years ago. The lighting in this corner of the arena was pretty limited, but maybe this helps for a reference.

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
I don't have a pic but the coolest I have seen used stands attached at the lugs. The suspension looked much better with the weight on it.

·
Registered
621 Posts
something I saw at the Northern California Kit Car Club show in San Leandro...

·
Junior Charter Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, wildcat85 that's what I'm talkin bout. :cool2: Thank you.

I know we're more cruisers and racers than show car people, but aren't there any more pictures out there?

I see even Factory Five at SEMA doesn't really do any displays similar to America's Most Beautiful Roadster or Ridler award type displays of their cars. I suppose it's not needed when you have the car in go-cart form there to show off the chassis and suspension geometry.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holy Cow, :w00t:
I would not have believed that without pictures.
Very Cool!!!! :thumbup:

Wow, another car could be displayed beneath that. 2 for 1

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Just an idea but something I've seen a number of guys do at shows that adds real "pop" to a display is once the wheels are off lay down a coupe of mirrors to show more of the underside of the car. If you make the display side slightly higher you can use the mirrors to show more of the frame and drive line. You can get "dressing mirrors" that are about 4' long and 12" wide that most women use to check out their clothes (I've go two in my house). I picked mine (ours) up at Lowes. A couple of these with good lighting and a little angle should work for you assuming everything is neat and clean.
HTH
CB

·
Junior Charter Member
918 Posts
That is nice Bob!!!!

That wouldn't work for my FFR, cuz oil will drip all over people's face. :evil:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts