Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
436 Posts
A 4-yr old might not grasp the control and coordination required for an R/C car... I'd go for a decent toy car though checking the package for any age restrictions for small parts, etc.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,724 Posts
My 3 1/2YO grandson loves Matchbox cars and the 1/24 scale metal cars.

JQ

·
7,134 Posts
My son at 4 loves the Radio control car.... if I charged it up daily he would drive it daily.

Does require some supervision though as it gets dangerous on the ankles and the cat bolts quickly too when he gets going. Helps the fine motor control skills, wild to start with, but he has learnt quite quickly.

Other ideas are Hotwheels, they have a micro systems which can be bought in modules (about $6-$12). We bought 6 / 8 , next two come later. Lots of small cars and tracks to play on.

·
Charter Member
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all of the great ideas, gents. I'll check out the matchbox/hotwheels tips at toys'r'us.

Trent - I'd buy him a set of Rocket's IRS adjusters, but he wouldn't be able to lift them!

·
Junior Charter Member
71 Posts
Slot cars would be a good gift too. You can add to the track over the years and find some really cool cars out there. We started a set for my son last year.

·
FFCobra Captain
3,440 Posts
Slot cars are a great idea - best thing is, you get to 'teach him to use them'

My cousin's kid's just turned 5 - guess what he got ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts