Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i was just wondering what the minimum clearance on the car is to access a jacking point. I hear it settles quite a bit after driving a little while, so i was wondering what size floor jack to buy. Thanks

·
Banned
5,303 Posts
my garage has no room except for one of those tiny cheap jacks... i put one under the side frme, and jack it up enough to get the other jack under the center frame member. ive done this, lessee, 1,000 times now?

-james

·
1,539 Posts
I got a 2 and a quarter ton floor jack from Harbor Freight for $40. I lift up the car from right under the rear body mounting bolts. I lift up the entire side at once and place my jack stands under the car.

Andy

·
Premium Member
18,086 Posts
Ground clearance is always an issue in these types of cars. If it wasn't, they wouldn't be as fun! Anyway, I make a set of "ramps" out of 2x6 lumber. I can drive the wheels up on them and raise the car 3 1/2". That's plenty of room to get a cheap floor jack under there. It's a whole lot cheaper than buying an expensive low profile/long reach floor jack. I think I still have the same ones I made in 1989 for my lowered '69 Mustang.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.