Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A million years ago when I built my Mk III, I got an extremely good cover for the roadster from, I think, California Car Covers. I went on their site but all they have is the Sh***y Cobra cover for 289 or 427 and only single roll bar.
So maybe I was wrong. I tried searches on this forum with no results.
Who makes the best all weather (well not snow and sleet) car cover for the FFR Mk IV?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Many of us have used Car Cover World. The link provided below is to the web page for their FF custom fit covers. You can specify single or dual roll bars when ordering. They fit snug, but a lock is still recommended for windy conditions. The Weathershield covers are light, protect well, and roll up into a compact package. They had a sale for the Labor Day weekend which ended recently, but they have "sales" good for about 5% off on average every few months.

https://www.carcoverworld.com/factory-five-cobra-car-covers

Alan

·
Registered
292 Posts
After my cheepo car cover ripped up, I hit the forum looking for recommendations on car covers. In a moment of frustration and weakness, I spent the extra money and got the California Car Covers. If I was only using the cover in the garage, I would have just used another cheepo cover or even a bed sheet. I use the car cover when traveling and I wanted it to be rain proof as possible. Dealing with California Car Covers was easy and great. I ordered a single roll bar cover with a couple of clicks. They sent me emails when they were making the cover and when it shipped. It fits perfectly. I have never had a cover that was made for a car before, so I did not know how good it could be. I am not worried about it blowing off or puddling water in the rain.

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Weathershield HP by Covercraft. I've had it for 10 years and still works great. Light, folds to a small package, and will keep rain off the car outdoors. Only downside is it will not protect from impacts like a padded cover...

HTH...
Mark

·
FFCobra Fanatic
4,042 Posts
I will 2nd what Mark said. "Weathershield HP" is a great cover. Used cover for many yrs. and miles, and smiles! Just saying---:wink2:
HTH
Butch

·
Registered
308 Posts
Does the Weathershield have heat panels sewn in so the cover won't melt on the pipes? Or do you guys know of any cover that has this? I visit a cabin in the mountains and the only place to park is under the trees. I always want to cover the car immediately but melted my last cover on the side pipes. Looking for a solution, but may need to have some sort of heat shield materiel sewn into the cover once I get it.

Thanks!

Bill

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Does the Weathershield have heat panels sewn in so the cover won't melt on the pipes? Or do you guys know of any cover that has this? I visit a cabin in the mountains and the only place to park is under the trees. I always want to cover the car immediately but melted my last cover on the side pipes. Looking for a solution, but may need to have some sort of heat shield materiel sewn into the cover once I get it.

Thanks!

Bill
No, it doesn't have any heat shields and yes contact with hot pipes would be bad. I personally haven't seen any that do. Seems would make them bulky to store compared to the small size they currently compress into. If I want to cover my car while the pipes are still hot, I can still put the cover on and stretch around the front and back. Just don't pull it all the way down on the sides. It's tight enough that it stays about the pipes. Then 30 minutes or so later, pull the rest of the way down. Works for me.

·
Registered
292 Posts
With the DrummerMike heat shields on my side pipes, I find it take 10-15 mins to cool down enough to put the car cover on.

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
What EdwardB said...

I place the cover and pull it down to a few inches above the pipes. The body shape (IE the "hips" keep the cover tight and it won't slide down and touch the pipes. Then when the pipes are cool to the touch I pull the cover the last bit to the bottom of the wheels, covering the side pipes...

Mark

·
FFCobra Website Stalker
112 Posts
I will 2nd what Mark said. "Weathershield HP" is a great cover. Used cover for many yrs. and miles, and smiles! Just saying---:wink2:
HTH
Butch
Which WeatherShield HP are you guys choosing? The Cobra or AC Cobra isn't available in the pulldown selections. I don't want to order the wrong one. Thanks guys.
-Greg

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
Which WeatherShield HP are you guys choosing? The Cobra or AC Cobra isn't available in the pulldown selections. I don't want to order the wrong one. Thanks guys.
-Greg
This is the one you're after: https://www.carcoverworld.com/covercraft-weathershield-ffr.

Note that the Weathershield HP, though extremely water repellant, is quite thin. Almost like a high quality umbrella. If you want your cover to protect against the occasional ding, you'll need a thicker material. I chose the Noah, but it's much more bulky than the Weathershield. If you've got any doubts, order a sample of the material you're considering.

John

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Indeed, that's why I mentioned that very thing in my post. John, it is like a tent or umbrella material, but I knew that going in. I wanted the most water/rain protection possible and not concerned about "dings" being a fiberglass body (much more so with an aluminum body or on a steel bodied car). The cover rolls/folds up very compactly for the small trunks we have. The standard padded cover (I've used the Noah on my '66 Mustang) would almost fill the trunk! Ha!

Mark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts