Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
2,302 Posts
are those custom fit? I am also looking for one. but like FF sells but with two roll bars.

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, they are custom fit for ffr and they also have for two roll bars

· Registered
6,093 Posts
I bought mine from Car Cover World, after multiple recommendations on this forum. Not cheap, but good ones aren't. Yes, they are custom made. I chose Weathershield HP - Red. Fits the car great. Has ridden out several rain storms and car was completely dry. I also typically put it over the car when overnighting at hotels and it's parked outside. Highly recommended.

· Registered
391 Posts
Car Cover World Exceeded Expectations!!!

Car Cover World exceeded my expectations after many mistakes were made. Read below… from Charlie Watson at Car Cover World

Larry-
On June 7th, you ordered a gray Weathershield for your Factory Five Cobra by phone with Susan. You selected the Rush Production upgrade. Your cover was entered into the Covercraft system that day and was scheduled to ship on June 12th according to Covercraft’s rush production policy. It did not ship until June 14th and was delivered on June 18th by Fedex 2 Day.

On June 18th, you called me and told me you received the wrong cover from Covercraft (C16698PT). I immediately called Covercraft and they entered the correct cover into their system with a rush production and a Fedex Overnight shipping option. Again, according to Covercraft policy, your cover was to ship to you on June 20th, with arrival yesterday, June 20th so that you would have your cover before you left on your road trip today. Obviously, this did not happen on time and your cover is currently on the delivery vehicle for delivery today. Probably too late since you are leaving this morning.

Larry, our relationship with the Factory Five Cobra owners is very important to us. We will discuss this with Covercraft to see what went wrong and to improve the system. We apologize for all inconveniences. I have authorized and made a full refund ($298.95) for the cover, shipping, and production upgrades. Please keep your cover. It’s the least we can do for you.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Thank you.

Regards,

Charlie Watson
Car Cover World
Worldwide Supplier of Custom Cover Products and Accessories
Web: Car Covers | Covercraft & Coverking Car Cover, SUV & Truck Covers

· Registered
919 Posts
I have a blue Weathershield HP cover and it does fit like a glove. It is also very compact when folded it only takes up less than half of my lower trunk compartment.

Jack

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot for your input guys, I have now ordered an Evolution. Both my self and my car look forward to the delivery! The season starts coming to an end here in Sweden..... :-(

· Registered
78 Posts
Anyone have any photos of the covers on their cars? I am storing my car in the garage and would rather go for the best looking and form fitting cover possible.
Some of the all weather ones seem like they would be bulky. Any input would be appreciated!
Thanks!

· Registered
6,093 Posts
I don't have a picture, but the Weathershield HP cover I described in post #4 is custom and fits my Mk3 very well. It has elastic all around the bottom, so it goes completely under the front and back as well as probably only 6-8 inches from the ground on the sides. The material is surprisingly thin and light. Not like what is sounds you are expecting. The whole thing folds into a bag only a little bigger than a basketball. Fits easily into a corner of the trunk.

· Registered
247 Posts
Hey Guys,
For those who have purchased this type of covers, which of the ones offered is the softest on the underside for paint protection(not scratching clear coat) that still offers rain protection. Im trying to decide which of the 7-8 types of covers offered fits my needs. My roadster will be garage kept( but still covered) but I want a cover to keep in the trunk that if caught in a storm I could break it out and have some protection.

Very timely thread!! Thanks, hope im not hijacking!!

Todd

· Registered
1,077 Posts

· FFCobra Fanatic
4,082 Posts
YUP!! 3x Weathershield HP

Use cover on cobra in the garage year round and on road trips. Cover comes in very handy with all the rain up here in the Great NW!
hth
Butch

· Registered
870 Posts
YUP!! 3x Weathershield HP

Use cover on cobra in the garage year round and on road trips. Cover comes in very handy with all the rain up here in the Great NW!
hth
Butch
From the manufacturers site:
"Weathershield HP is not a waterproof material, yet it will shed most water and prevent dust, dirt, bird droppings and tree sap from reaching your vehicle's surface."

How does this stand up in rain that is part of our life in the NW? It seems that they are saying that light rain is OK but a rainstorm? You're on your own!

· Registered
6,093 Posts
"Weathershield HP is not a waterproof material, yet it will shed most water and prevent dust, dirt, bird droppings and tree sap from reaching your vehicle's surface."

How does this stand up in rain that is part of our life in the NW? It seems that they are saying that light rain is OK but a rainstorm? You're on your own!
Can't speak to the NW, but mine has been in the rain three times during the last year. Once during an all night rain at the London show, another several hour downpour at a car show, and one other light rain. In each case, the water ran off and the car underneath was bone dry. Perhaps they mean for long term storage or more frequent use. But for the occasional rainstorm and general protection (e.g. I always use it when parked at a hotel) the Weathershield HP works great in my experience.

· FFCobra Fanatic
4,082 Posts
My "Weathershield HD" has been rained on very hard and hasn't leaked yet. Cover is not for long term storage outside. Cover fabric is very thin, but strong,soft,& breaths(sp). Cover folds up into a very small bag that is made of the same fabric. Don't know how to post pics, but can e-mail pics if someone whats pics of cover on my cobra in the garage?
hth
Butch

· Premium Member
5,811 Posts

I don't know how this matches the manufacturer's claims but I drive my roadster from my house up to our place at Lake Cowichan ( about 100km) every weekend I can as long as the weather 'looks' promising from June to September. I don't have indoor storage for her at the lake, so I put the cover on and leave it, generally from Friday night to Sunday afternoon. Rain storms here are of the torrential variety. Sometimes I get caught and end up driving home in the rain (topless :001_rolleyes:) but the inside of the car is always dry when I remove the cover.

No, I'm not offering a waterproof guarantee, just relating my experience.

Sean

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.