Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Cross Menber
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used bought a cover for their coupe from
https://www.carcoverworld.com

I have been talking to Charlie and he has 2 patterns for a F5R Coupe that has been used, but he does not know how well they fit. I can make my own dimensions and go that way, or just use one of the patterns he has. If I knew they fit well, I would go that route, otherwise, I will measure up.

This has been discussed in the roadster forum, but could not find it on a coupe.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Has anyone used bought a cover for their coupe from
https://www.carcoverworld.com

I have been talking to Charlie and he has 2 patterns for a F5R Coupe that has been used, but he does not know how well they fit. I can make my own dimensions and go that way, or just use one of the patterns he has. If I knew they fit well, I would go that route, otherwise, I will measure up.

This has been discussed in the roadster forum, but could not find it on a coupe.

I am interested as well. When I got my Daytona Coupe 10 years ago there were no patterns. Several guys suggested C6 corvette coupe cover. I found one pre-owned and it does fit very well. But it is not a good quality cover and I am finding more and more dust making its way through the weave.

Keep us posted on what you do with Charlies and which pattern you select.

Thanks!

Jeff

·
Cross Menber
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am interested as well. When I got my Daytona Coupe 10 years ago there were no patterns. Several guys suggested C6 corvette coupe cover. I found one pre-owned and it does fit very well. But it is not a good quality cover and I am finding more and more dust making its way through the weave.

Keep us posted on what you do with Charlies and which pattern you select.

Thanks!

Jeff
I have tried a C6 cover, and it is not a good fit, plus I am not a chevy guy :sleep1:

I think I will do a pattern and see how close it will fit.
I have an idea up my sleeve.

·
Cross Menber
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I realize you asked about a specific manufacturer but FFR does offer a cover for the coupe:

#14714 - Coupe Car Cover - Factory Five Parts Catalog

I am not aware of negative or positive feedback. Just thought I'd throw it out there in case you hadn't seen it before.

- Todd
Thanks,
I ended up with some health problems, so have not got to pursue this.
Soon I will get it measured and ordered.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have tried a C6 cover, and it is not a good fit, plus I am not a chevy guy :sleep1:

I think I will do a pattern and see how close it will fit.
I have an idea up my sleeve.
Maybe a cover for a 280ZX or 350Z could work, similar shaped car.

Just don't get one with a nissan logo on it...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just ordered mine from California Car Cover. They actually have the specs for the FFR Coupe on file
Hi there,

I checked on the California Covers site and was not able to find a cover listed. Did you have to call to get a price/order?

Do you have a part number and price?

Thanks!

Jeff

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes, I called and told them I had a GEN 3 coupe. It is custom and they quoted 3 weeks. Once I receive mine I'll forward photos and feedback on fitment

·
Registered
85 Posts
Update - Cover arrived and way too tight. Sent back for modification. Once I receive the cover back, I'll post pictures. I think you guys will like it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts