Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Cross Menber
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used bought a cover for their coupe from
https://www.carcoverworld.com

I have been talking to Charlie and he has 2 patterns for a F5R Coupe that has been used, but he does not know how well they fit. I can make my own dimensions and go that way, or just use one of the patterns he has. If I knew they fit well, I would go that route, otherwise, I will measure up.

This has been discussed in the roadster forum, but could not find it on a coupe.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Has anyone used bought a cover for their coupe from
https://www.carcoverworld.com

I have been talking to Charlie and he has 2 patterns for a F5R Coupe that has been used, but he does not know how well they fit. I can make my own dimensions and go that way, or just use one of the patterns he has. If I knew they fit well, I would go that route, otherwise, I will measure up.

This has been discussed in the roadster forum, but could not find it on a coupe.

I am interested as well. When I got my Daytona Coupe 10 years ago there were no patterns. Several guys suggested C6 corvette coupe cover. I found one pre-owned and it does fit very well. But it is not a good quality cover and I am finding more and more dust making its way through the weave.

Keep us posted on what you do with Charlies and which pattern you select.

Thanks!

Jeff

·
Cross Menber
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am interested as well. When I got my Daytona Coupe 10 years ago there were no patterns. Several guys suggested C6 corvette coupe cover. I found one pre-owned and it does fit very well. But it is not a good quality cover and I am finding more and more dust making its way through the weave.

Keep us posted on what you do with Charlies and which pattern you select.

Thanks!

Jeff
I have tried a C6 cover, and it is not a good fit, plus I am not a chevy guy :sleep1:

I think I will do a pattern and see how close it will fit.
I have an idea up my sleeve.

·
Cross Menber
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I realize you asked about a specific manufacturer but FFR does offer a cover for the coupe:

#14714 - Coupe Car Cover - Factory Five Parts Catalog

I am not aware of negative or positive feedback. Just thought I'd throw it out there in case you hadn't seen it before.

- Todd
Thanks,
I ended up with some health problems, so have not got to pursue this.
Soon I will get it measured and ordered.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have tried a C6 cover, and it is not a good fit, plus I am not a chevy guy :sleep1:

I think I will do a pattern and see how close it will fit.
I have an idea up my sleeve.
Maybe a cover for a 280ZX or 350Z could work, similar shaped car.

Just don't get one with a nissan logo on it...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just ordered mine from California Car Cover. They actually have the specs for the FFR Coupe on file

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just ordered mine from California Car Cover. They actually have the specs for the FFR Coupe on file
Hi there,

I checked on the California Covers site and was not able to find a cover listed. Did you have to call to get a price/order?

Do you have a part number and price?

Thanks!

Jeff

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes, I called and told them I had a GEN 3 coupe. It is custom and they quoted 3 weeks. Once I receive mine I'll forward photos and feedback on fitment

·
Registered
88 Posts
Update - Cover arrived and way too tight. Sent back for modification. Once I receive the cover back, I'll post pictures. I think you guys will like it

·
Senior Charter Member
879 Posts
California Car cover on my gen 2. indoor velour stretch fabric is really nice. IMG_0516.jpg

·
Senior Charter Member
879 Posts
Jeff, it was FS8758F3 and $276 available in silver black and red, they have a ton of other fabric choices too, you should look at their site and call them to order.
Karl

·
Cross Menber
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update - Cover arrived and way too tight. Sent back for modification. Once I receive the cover back, I'll post pictures. I think you guys will like it
Did you receive the reworked cover?
How did it fit?
I have gave up on car cover world.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I didn't want to mess around with dimensions and refitting so I seached Corvette covers, got dimensions and determine the Corvette C7 Coupe dimension are near identical to my SPF Coupe so I ordered a slik/flannel back cover for $125 and it fits PERFECT!

·
Cross Menber
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I didn't want to mess around with dimensions and refitting so I seached Corvette covers, got dimensions and determine the Corvette C7 Coupe dimension are near identical to my SPF Coupe so I ordered a slik/flannel back cover for $125 and it fits PERFECT!
Thanks
I will do the same.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My uncle might need one for his SPF Coupe. I'm coming over to his garage tomorrow to help him install the skid plates, wheel and tire packages plus led light bar on his current Wrangler JK project. Good to hear the cover for the C7 coupe could fit perfectly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts