Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My father and I have been building a Mark 2 roadster for over 10 years and we need to get some professional help to wrap it up.

It is painted, nearly complete, but needs troubleshooting on the fuel system (we suspect something might be clogging it after years in the garage). It also needs alignment.

Without getting too deep in the details, would anyone recommend a shop in the bay area that has experience in FFR roadsters?

Thanks

·
Registered
457 Posts
I cannot help you with a local mechanic. The only guy I trust to work on custom projects like this move to Brentwood and he does stock work for now.

For the alignment, you cannot go wrong with Custom Alignment. Yes they will be a bit more, but they will work on anything and will not stop till the job is done right. You might get lucky at a local Schwab, but it all depends on the tech working there that day. For your first alignment, spending a bit more the first time makes sense.

https://www.customalignment.com/

·
Senior Charter Member
3,417 Posts
Call Mark Dougherty and see when he'll be in the Bay Area next. He's awesome.

Search for him here by his name or The Travelling Builder.

Let me know if you need his number.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I was just talking to a non-carguy about building cars. He asked me if I am done. I told him that I am 97% done with 97% to go. :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
do not go to Renn-Werks in Campbell

good luck with finishing up the build...

you won't go wrong with Mark Doherty the traveling building...he is the tenured professor of everything Factory Five

1 - 8 of 8 Posts