Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using the canton piece which screws onto the block, but I'm keeping the FFR piece that the filter screws onto. Does anyone know which way to route the lines? There are no arrows on the canton piece.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,486 Posts
I've got the same setup on my car.

I'm going from memory here, but I'm pretty sure that I'm correct:

I'm assuming that when you're looking at the engine from the driver's side that both ports on the Canton adapter are facing towards the front of the car. If so, the upper port is the output line from the engine to the filter. The lower port is the return line from the remote filter back to the engine.

I'll check my setup when I get home tonight and make another post if I'm wrong.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jim. After posting last nite, I really examined it. That is how I ended up hooking it up. Just wanted to be sure. I wanted someone to keep me honest. Please, anyone else chime in if this is right or wrong. I searched the aqrchives but came up dry on this specific question.

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
From one of my previous posts:

And just for clarification - if you look at your remote filter setup, or even if someone else is using a remote filter setup without arrows on it (like Canton's), if you look at the two hose connections, they are slightly offset to one side. One connection lines up more with the center hole in the block and filter adapters, the other one is farther from the center.

Center connection at block goes to center connection at remote filter housing.

Good luck,
Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts