Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the part number for the Canton 7 qt pan that fits the 302 FFRs?

I think I have a problem. Keith Craft said they were sending me a pan which was the same height as stock, but it's 9" deep. My car isn't here, but I thought the stock pan was 7.5".

This could get messy, since I had them modify the pan with a blower oil line fitting before they mounted it to the short block and shipped it. It also has custom windage control.

I really don't want a pan that hangs below the frame rails! :eek:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Travis,

The Canton 7 qt roadrace pan I used is P/N 15630. There is also a bunch of other part numbers for the dip stick, windage tray, etc. Make sure you specify the pan reqiures the dip stick bung assy. installed.

Suggest you give Mike Forte a call @ 781-273-9900. I got mine through him.

With Poly motor mounts the pan is just about level with the 4" rails. I have my mounts shimmed up about 3/8".

Hank
FFR 1776-II

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
Travis why use the Canton double hump when you can get the flat bottom for less. Call Gordon. Great pan and only one drain plug. Cheers Richard.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Let me clarify. The Canton road racing pan listed above is a flat bottom, single sump pan that is partitionad and gated. I price compared both and they are about the same when you factor in all the items required.

Hank
FFR 1776-II

·
Senior Charter Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! I talked to KC yesterday, and they're shipping the correct pan and accessories.

Richard - Cheaper than $260?! Amazing the discounts you can get when you're buying a complete engine. ;) That's with the dipstick provision, pick-up, and blower oil line fitting welded in. Of course, I'm sure they made their money elsewhere. The pan that they're sending me is 7-1/2" depth, just like my stock pan. I don't have the part number yet, but I think it's one of the "winged" rear sump pans. I think Tri-states sells them as well.

Thanks again guys. This site is picking up! I was expecting to have to TTT my post a few times to get any answers.

·
Senior Charter Member
517 Posts
I received my Gordon Levy pan today. If you are going to track your car, buy this pan, it might save your top end one day.
Buzz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts