Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Charter Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ready to buy my wheels and tires but my 1st
choice is 15's but the sizes 235/60/15 and 275/50/15 are unavailable in one brand. if it is this hard to try to find tires I guess 17s are my only alternative..... Unless one of you knows a secret outlet of these seemingly unwanted tires.
First the dinasoars then Beta now 15 inch tires.

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
There are many great looking 17 inch wheels that look period correct. Even with the lower profile tires.

I just see more benifits going with 17's, like tire choices for one.

Good 15's are getting expensive.

·
2,745 Posts

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Steve,
Call Mark Zisser at Zisser Tire at Geyer and Essex. He found one of my Radial T/As locally and another in Miami. Word of caution...you'll pay for them since there is a nation wide shortage. It was good seeing you Saturday...BTW, I got soaked on the way home. My carpet is still drying out.

Mike

·
Charter Member
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike thanks for the info. What is sad is it never rained at my house

·
FFCobra Craftsman
23,307 Posts
Steve-I know the 15 inch classic look is very important to many FFr owners but, do yourself a favor and go 17s. tires are plentifull and range from cheap to expensive.Sumitomos are the best deal going w/ rear 315s at $100 or a little less each and fronts a bit cheaper.I went from Dunlop 15s to the Sumi's over the winter and it was the best upgrade ever.handling is vastly improved and there is virtually no ride harshness penalty.
Oh, and get your Bullitts from OE wheels for a bit under $500 a set including shipping

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,735 Posts
They ain't cheap but.... you will look great wearing them out and they will lighten the car, your wallet that is in the car:

http://www.rogerkrausracing.com/

Read 'em and weep.

Sorry.

Rick

[ May 30, 2007, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Flyer ]

·
Super Moderator
29,396 Posts
I have 15" AVONS from Roger Kraus

·
6,559 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts