Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
just wanted to speak with somebody who did the import process themselves and brought the kits back to Canada.
I would appreciate anyone help if they wouldn't mind please pm
me.
thanks
Achi

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
I've imported a bunch of FFR kits but today, wonder why anyone would go through the process when Al at Western Canada Cobras can do it for the same cost and the same results. Al knows what the latest status is for disallowed parts and can give you advise on sourcing those parts in Canada. Talk to him, you have nothing to lose.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I've imported a bunch of FFR kits but today, wonder why anyone would go through the process when Al at Western Canada Cobras can do it for the same cost and the same results. Al knows what the latest status is for disallowed parts and can give you advise on sourcing those parts in Canada. Talk to him, you have nothing to lose.
The process is simple and if you are within driving range, it is part of the experience. One thing that I find strange on the Western Canada cobras website is that tell you you won't have to deal with brokers. Brokers are not required and there is no expense there if you do it yourself. It cost me less to do everything myself and had a blast doing it.

·
Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Import

Did it 2years ago, very simple process, send me a pm if you need help it Will be a pleasure to help.

Mk4

·
Registered
809 Posts
The process is simple and if you are within driving range, it is part of the experience. One thing that I find strange on the Western Canada cobras website is that tell you you won't have to deal with brokers. Brokers are not required and there is no expense there if you do it yourself. It cost me less to do everything myself and had a blast doing it.
In fairness that reference applies if you do it yourself and are having the kit shipped by a carrier in which case you will deal with a Broker. But for those of us that live close enough the trip to pick up the kit saves money and is a great experience.

·
Junior Charter Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone with your offers to help and for all your replies.

I spoke to Jason today and missed out on the deal this time around. I have been to Wareham to visit the factory in 2005 As for the importation I would complete the paperwork and go spend some time in Mass when getting the kit. Since I live about 8 hours away it would be part of the build experience.

Hope to see you Ottawa guys this year,

thanks again everyone, and Merci beaucoup.

Achi

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Achi (lle?)
C'est un must de faire l'importation et le pick-up de ton kit toi-même. Facile, bien qu'un peu stressant par temps, belle experience qui te permettra de sauver des gros sous.

Pas besoin de faire cela overkill comme tu peux voir sur ma photo.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Coupé

·
Junior Charter Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Merci Wormie,

Oui c'est ça, avec le 'lle'. Ma langue maternelle est anglais, mais j'essai de pratiquer mon français.
J'ai parlé avec Jason et il m'a répondu à toutes mes questions. Mais le problème.. nous avons parlé trop tard dans la journée pour avoir le Vendredi Noir Spéciale!!! (Ça c'est du bon français, oui??).

Ils étaient toutes vendus parce qu'il y avait seulement quatre kits pour la vente.

A ce prix j'aurais passé la commande avant de parler avec eux pour assurer la commande. Une leçon pour l'avenir.

J'attends pour la prochaine Spéciale, j'espère que la prochaine vente vient bientôt est à la meme prix. J'ai les doigts croisés. Si oui, je serai le premier a téléphoné.

Si vous voulez (ceux qui demeurre à Ottawa / Gatineau), envoy moi un pm, J'ai jamais vu un Mk IV avant le peinture.

A la prochaine, et merci.
Achille

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
You're welcome to stop by my place and check out my build, we'll have to talk English though. I can read French but I won't be able to carry on a conversation.

Imagine I was born in lachute and my first language was French and now I don't speak a word of it.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Junior Charter Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Vic,

Thanks for the offer. English it is and I'll be in touch via a pm.

cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.