Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The two radiator side aluminums (small ones) are different from left to right.

The passenger side has a much smaller triangular flange that seems to have been cut smaller. I'm concerned because these are two of the few aluminums that are visible.

These are the 2 aluminums that sit on top of the radiator and to close of the sides.

Many thanks.

-Kouros

·
Premium Member
2,718 Posts
Kouros,

they are different. There was a thread a while back and some folks, including myself, have added another small gap piece to the passenger side to even them out. I also matched the corner radius on the filler piece to the driver side bottom corner where they are both closest to the radiator. I used a scrap piece that I saved from cutting my glove box hole between the seats.

-Steve

·
Junior Charter Member
1,080 Posts
Yup, very different, and the passenger side needed to be trimmed quite a bit to get the bottom(front) to line up the same as the drivers side. Once I put the oil cooler in you don't notice it at all.

·
Registered
11,828 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Kuros as you are facing the front of the car,the drivers side peice will have the 90* bent facing the center of the radiator. Same for pasenger side,the bend faces the radiator. Easyest way to tell right and left sides. I fit the bottom to get the angle,drivers side next,then passenger side which did take some triming to fit. Bulb seal goes on the edge that contacts the body.
You may find shifting the radiator towards one side or the other needed to get the bottom peice in. Try for a good fit on that peice.

·
Senior Charter Member
2,837 Posts
I have the FFR AFCO radiator and I went ahead and cut and bent all new radiator pieces. For the side pieces the driver's side was pretty good and I used it as a pattern to make a mirror copy of it for the passenger side. I also redid the lower part to get rid of the divet the FFR piece has to clear the donor radiator.

·
Senior Charter Member
939 Posts
Ditto Bills post, only I made it harder by replacing with carbon fiber :D
Karl

[ November 22, 2006, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: mauikarl ]

·
Senior Charter Member
2,837 Posts
Karl, with a statement like that you better follow it up with pictures!

·
Senior Charter Member
2,837 Posts
Wow Karl! Way cool carbon fiber work. You get the cool mod of the day award for sure. Care to share with the rest of the class about how you made these parts? Maybe start another post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts