Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need the new FFR Coyote Crate engine wiring guide? Is it posted on the forum? I may have missed it.

If it was sent out via email, can someone send to me? Im trying to figure out some of my wiring today.

email is djborden (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks!

David

· Registered
66 Posts
Coyote Wiring Instructions - Ford vs FF

I'm building a Mk IV with a Coyote crate motor. The instructions from Ford don't jive with the instructions from Factory Five. Still not clear on a couple things:

- wiring for the power distribution solenoid -- understand the 3 red wires from the Ron Francis harness go to one terminal, but what about the hot wire from the battery? Does it go on the same terminal, or the other terminal?

- the hot wire from the power distribution solenoid is supposed to go to the starter solenoid - but which terminal?

- the FF instructions for the UEGO connections seem like a kluge -- why not just use extensions to the wires that came with the Ford control pack

Appreciate help on this! email is davidbr_48 at hotmail dot com

David / Tucson AZ

· Mustang Convert
1,282 Posts
- wiring for the power distribution solenoid -- understand the 3 red wires from the Ron Francis harness go to one terminal, but what about the hot wire from the battery? Does it go on the same terminal, or the other terminal?
David / Tucson AZ
Yes, goes to the same terminal.

- the hot wire from the power distribution solenoid is supposed to go to the starter solenoid - but which terminal?
David / Tucson AZ
It goes to the large power lug on the starter. This is the main starter motor feed. There is a separate feed to to the starter solenoid on the starter that comes from the coyote computer telling it to start.

- the FF instructions for the UEGO connections seem like a kluge -- why not just use extensions to the wires that came with the Ford control pack
David / Tucson AZ
Not sure what you are referring to but if extensions are required you can purchase prefabbed pigtail extensions in different lengths depending on your needs. Can't remember the vendor name but its been discussed on the forum before....

Kevin

· Registered
2,639 Posts
Called them on Friday and they quoted me a little over $20 for 2 ft. extensions. They can make them longer based on need I was told. When did you order them for $9?
My invoice is #64644

12" extension (pass side) - $8.25
36" extension(drivers side) - $8.25
S&H - $12.95

Total - $29.45

I ordered on 11.05.12

· Premium Member
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just wanted to say thanks for the links and docs.

Once I dug in, I was impressed with how easy the wiring was. I spent a great deal of time unwrapping both harnesses and re-routing several wires to make things nice and tidy. After a few hours or being in the zone, I was nearly done. Still need to decide on routing the O2s and a few other wires but it was pretty painless, and I thought the FFR wiring instructions were very good.

I'll post more details in my build thread.

David

· Mustang Convert
1,282 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks for the links and docs.

Once I dug in, I was impressed with how easy the wiring was. I spent a great deal of time unwrapping both harnesses and re-routing several wires to make things nice and tidy. After a few hours or being in the zone, I was nearly done. Still need to decide on routing the O2s and a few other wires but it was pretty painless, and I thought the FFR wiring instructions were very good.

I'll post more details in my build thread.

David
I decided on two 12 pin molex connectors for the dash and one 12 connection terminal strip mounted to the under dash panel for everything else. A little disassembly, re-routing, re-assembly of the wiring harness and it turned out pretty clean.

Kevin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.