Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After spending an unreal amount of time fitting my hood and getting the hinges to sett properly,I have a curve on the right side of the hood that causes the hood to lift up and leave a crappy gap. Any suggestions one whether I can get the bow out, or will I just have to live with it?
Sten

·
Premium Member
7,018 Posts
What hood / hinge setup do you have?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,739 Posts
Bend it where you want it with straps and blocks of wood then gently heat it.

Not unusual.

Rick

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
25,999 Posts
If you mean on the passenger side, so do I. Instead of bending the hood, you might try shimming the body on the 3/4 hood support tube in that spot to raise it even with the hood.

Greg

·
FFR Master Builder
4,170 Posts
wire going from passenger side to drivers side with a turnbuckle. you can adjust the amount of bow with the turnbuckle and after a little time the hood will stay. I drove with it in my car fore about 1 month till the hood was shaped correctly. Then removed it and the problem has never come back

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'm looking for any tricks after it's painted. It seems to be getting bent from the hood hinge.

·
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys,
I tried the heat method today ,and I got it about as close as I can. Took about 2 hours to do it. I slowly heated the whole area with a 500 watt quartz light,put a tube of sand along the edge and walked away. Came back a while later and took a peek.So far so good!I used the long sandbag to evenly spread out the pressure and pull the heat out as well. We'll see if it lasts. Keep your fingers X'ed.
Thanks,
Sten

·
Junior Charter Member
148 Posts
If that doesn't work, you can fabricate a latch for the corner. I turned a 1/2 inch latching post on the lathe screwed (alloows for adjustment) into a 1.5 inch base with holes drilled in the perimeter. Glued this to the inside of the corner of the hood with Fusor 143 (professional paint supply). End is pointed and drops into a 1/4 inch aluminum piece with a 1/2 hole and a knife latch that is triggered with a light cable (like a bicycle brake cable). Works great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts