Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
6,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to minimize the amount of wires that show in the engine compartment. Is there any problem with mounting the starter solenoid and ignigiton coil in the front driver side wheel well?

I would probably build an aluminum box t protect them.

Has anyone done this?

Have you had any problems?

thanx,
bob

·
Senior Charter Member
516 Posts
Mine are behind the left front splash panel, and outside of the 3/4 tubing. near 20,000 miles.
Buzz

·
Senior Charter Member
4,275 Posts
I mounted my coil on the front of the passenger footbox (like Raddog) and my solinoid and most other wiring on top of the passengers side foot box. This kept everything localized, made wiring easier, and with the body on it is hard to see.

·
Senior Charter Member
6,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx for the tips guys. I think I am going to go with Buzz's suggestion. This might be the only time a Marine ever listened to a sailor. <grin>

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,684 Posts
Any alternate solution would be one of the DUI (Davis Unified Ignition) distributors with the coil mounted on top of the distributor cap, a la the GM HEI distributor. Takes one wire
Saw one at a show last weekend with one of those and a one wire alternator. Two wires total.
And if you run them creatively, won't show hardly at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.