Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This wiper motor has five pins but only 3 wires. Can I use one of the Finish Line switches & make the park function work??
Thanks.
Andrew

· 1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
29,064 Posts
You don't have the motor with the internal park switch. No it will not park automatically.

Greg

· Premium Member
5,811 Posts
Greg,

How can you tell? The diagram I got from Finishline suggests it's correct:

Mine's not quite finished yet, so I can't verify the truth of this, but this is how it is supposed to work with the Lucas L-35927 wiper switch. Other people who have used this combo have commented about the wiper motor terminals that do not apear to go anywhere (no corresponding wires) and yet they managed to make it work?

What is the wiper motor in the picture missing? I don't have the answer to the original question, but if you read through some of Perl's links, you will see what I am talking about.

Sean

· Senior Charter Member
590 Posts
Wipers

I used the standard FFR wiper motor that looks just like the one in your picture and with a Lucas switch, it parks just fine. Sean's wiring diagram is correct, I am sure.

Best regards

Ian

· iBuild
5,740 Posts
I belive Greg is correct, if there are only three wires running to the motor you have low speed, high speed, and ground. There is no park feed, and I don't believe anyway to self park.

-Scott

· 1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
29,064 Posts
Correct Scott. He needs a wire on terminal-2, the self parking contact built into the motor. His 3-wire setup is only 2-speed with no park.

Greg

· Senior Charter Member
1,878 Posts
I hate to disagree with you Greg, but my FFR supplied motor only has 3 wires exposed like the one pictured. The other 2 connector pins are hooked up internally to the park switch. I have mine hooked up through a 60's vintage Ford wiper switch and it works right fine.
HTH Dave

· Registered
591 Posts
Motor Wire Colors

I need to verify the wiper motor wire colors...they seem backwards.

The RED wire is going to the #1 (horizontal) pin that is supposedly "GROUND".

The YELLOW wire is going to the #3 (top left vertical) pin which is one of the speeds (I've seen it called both slow and fast).

The BLACK with WHITE strip is going to the #5 (bottom left vertical) pin which is the other speed.

The RED and BLACK seem reversed to me!! I'm use to Black being ground but the white strip is confusing but I'm certainly NOT use to Red being ground??

Can someone please verify these with me? Motor just purchased from F5. If I can just verify the ground wire I'll figure out the speed wires.

Thanks,
Chris

· Registered
591 Posts
Nigel,

Thanks for the confirmation!! Was a bit worried that somehow the wiring sequence got changed at the factory but not at the printers!

Thanks again,
Chris

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Updated

Well............. It took longer than I had hoped to get around to it, but........ It works PERFECTLY with the switch from Finishline! SLOW/FAST/PARK. As Advertised!
I may try a different switch in the future, ie mid 60's Ford.
Thanks for the advice from everyone that said it would work!
Andrew

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.