Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Charter Member
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is WAY sensitive. I have a feeling when everything is hooked up, the mere engine vibration through the car will set it off. It stays off in the resting position but a little amout of pressure will turn it on. Any adjustment options?

Thanks!

Ted

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Ted, I had almost the exact situation as you did. Actually worse, since mine was tripped on all the time. Read this thread for more info.

I guess that a less radical approach would be to notch the pedal stop a little to have the pedal come forward more. HTH.

·
Charter Member
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Luis,

I have already notched the top of the bar to allow installation of the switch. When the switch came back toward the driver, the switch would hit the 3/4 bar. Notching the rear of the bar would work, but it would leave me very little metal there for support. I will read the thread.

Thanks for the quick post.

Ted

·
Charter Member
842 Posts
Ted,

An easy solution is to put a "T" in one of your brake lines and use a pressure switch like this one Painless Brake Switch

Painless also sells the "T" adapter you would need...

good luck...

[ June 18, 2004, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: Chris L. ]

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
My advice: trash the Ford switch and get one of those threaded-barrel plunger switches (Autozone, DR496) and mount it in the hole where the cruise control dump valve used to go (see pics)

The switch is cheap, easily adjusted and reliable.
See John Hudson's excellent post for details of mounting. I just used washers instead of the aluminum piece:
http://www.ffcars.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=31;t=016568

Forrest

·
3,645 Posts
I used the wells and it is super easy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts