Factory Five Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camlock or standard harnesses

408 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Frank n Sons 
#1 ·
I am building a B&B kit, and need to purchase Simpson harnesses. Should I go with the Camlocks or the standards. It will be mostly a weekend cruiser and some track use maybe. Will be taking wife out on dates, but do not mind having to strap her in. Thoughts?

Tom

#2 ·
Camlocks are a wee bit more expensive, and for the average person (spouse) easier to buckle up (more like a passenger car).
Although, I personally like my Simpson Standard ones. Even my 8 year old impressed some people at a carshow, how fast she can get buckled in...

#4 ·
I'm like Steve. I have both installed in my Spec Racer! The Ultra Shield 5 point cam lock with H shoulder strap in front for my side and the 4 point Simpson latch type for my passenger.

I've found that under competition situations the cam lock is much easier for the driver to "hook up" than the latch type.

Terry

#5 ·
Trick we used with the standards was to plastic tie the two shoulder harness together in the metal grooves. Then just put it on over your head and you're half-way there (of maybe 1/3 of the way).

Frank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.