Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Piloti
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to run Weber 48IDFs on a 347. 10:1 compression. Ported TFS heads. I've heard stories about split profile cams and intake reversion. I'm thinking FMS X303.

Anyone running webers? What cam? What are you stack injection guys running?

·
Senior Charter Member
490 Posts
I don't know much about a stack system, but what is the total CFM rating for 48 IDF's? I do know that a split duration cam profile works best on a Ford engine. The weakest link on a Ford engine is the size of it's exhaust ports. Some people run a higher ratio rocker arm on the exhaust side to get this to be more balanced but there are so many different profiles available that it is probably not necessary. I am going to run a set of 40 IDF's on my Volkswagen engine but I don't think that the power level will be comparable :D .

Good luck. Tim

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Are you sure you aren't thinking about overlap more than the split duration causing intake reversion?
Ported TFS heads have great exhaust flow. I think a split duration is still a good idea though. Look at the specs for the TFS cams and you'll see they are still split. There's just not as much additional duration on the exhaust needed with them as there would be for a stock head. A more important feature might be the lobe seperation angle. You might not need or want as tight a LSA with such an awesome head.

The TFS stage one cam would probably work well, but considering the stack system is more high rpm oriented, I'd consider a custom cam.

What pistons are you running?

·
12,650 Posts
According to DR. Jim Maxwell who has a 289 CSX car with the webber set up on a 289HiPo.

YOU need to have a cam especially designed for the webbers to actually bring them to life because the scavenging situation is SO different with a 8v direct shot manifold.

He said his set up was a dog, until he got the propper cam. (its no dog now) :D :D

Call the Cam people and tell them what you are doing.

earl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts