Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The T8 Tungsten Gray base is flowing as I type and the whole body should be done by the week after SEMA (Nov. 5th)...

We still can't decide on stripe color and opacity...

I thought I wanted black, then we thought silver. The guys at KR Performance & Restorations are suggesting a ghost stripe. I'm not sure (I guess it depends upon the color)...

I'm thinking a solid color with no metallic (to contrast the metallic pearl of the Tungsten)...

I'd like to see some pics of Tungsten base cars with their stripes. If possible please give your stripe color name and/or paint code.

Thanks!
Mark

·
Junior Charter Member
746 Posts
HI Mark, got mine back from the painter about a month ago. Don't have anygood photos yet, but here's what I have.
Base is GM 2003 Spiral Grey Metallic, stripe is Mercedes Antracite.

Troy

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Troy...

The Tungsten is about like your stripe color, but with a pearl coat (very light purplish hue)...

I see you extended your hood scoop too. Nice touch that we had done as well...

Here's some spray panels the shop sent pictures of. I like the second image with the dark gray, which is actually the black next to it "ghosted"...

Thanks again for posting some photos. The silver paint album is full of missing images so it is of little help...

Mark

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,707 Posts
How about red?

·
Senior Charter Member
344 Posts
I went with Satin Silver Metalic:

Ford Ford Gt UA TL 63454 Stripe Satin Silver Met 06 - 06
Ford Ford Gt M7145A 69218 Exterior Tungsten Gray Met 06 - 06

These are the same combination as on the Ford GT. I figured Ford spent allot of time and money getting the combination right for thier flagship car.

Dave Mak

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,707 Posts
The car is gone and I never did get real color codes but the grey is some Ford taurus approx 98 year (per the original owner) and the red is viper or peacock red.I did get it matched to paint the hardtop and could get those numbers off the paint cans if you need them but I am sure they are not standard for any particular car.

·
Senior Charter Member
574 Posts
See my recent post "Is this one ready for graduation?" for an alternate stripe color....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts